iDEA Growth Member News
- iGB North America, 1.14.21 – GeoComply Donates $200,000 For PlayPause Roll-Out
- Geolocation and compliance technology supplier GeoComply has announced a $200,000 donation to Conscious Gaming, the philanthropic organization it set up to protect consumers and enhance responsible gaming, in support of its deployment of self-exclusion tool PlayPause.
- SBC Americas, 1.13.21 – Sightline Payments Partners With Boyd Gaming And Aristocrat Technologies For Indiana’s Blue Chip Casino
- Sightline Payments, a provider of cashless gaming and betting solutions, has partnered with Boyd Gaming and Aristocrat Technologies to serve as the patron’s funding solution for the new cashless gaming offering at its Blue Chip Casino in Michigan City, Indiana.
- PlayUSA, 1.13.21 – PlayUSA Rewind: Mobile Sports Betting Talks Reignited In New York
- This week, we have more chatter about NY mobile sports betting, the anticipated launch of sports betting in Virginia, and a brief outlook on the 2021 gaming industry.
- Bloomberg 1.13.21 – Online Betting Lifted NJ Gambling Tax Revenue In Down Year
- A surge in online gambling helped lift New Jersey tax collections in an otherwise terrible year for the casino industry, bringing some relief to the state during a budget crunch.
- ESPN, 1.13.21 – Record $6 Billion Bet With New Jersey Sportsbooks In 2020
- A record $6.0 billion was bet with New Jersey sportsbooks in 2020, according to revenue numbers released Wednesday by the state’s Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Associated Press, 1.13.21 – A Record Year For NJ Sports Betting; Casinos, Not So Much
- New Jersey took nearly $1 billion worth of sports bets in December, an encouraging finish to a year in which coronavirus closures and restrictions sent overall gambling revenue down nearly 17%.
- Online Poker Report, 1.13.21 – New Jersey Online Casinos And Poker Rooms Come Up Just Shy Of First $100 Million Month
- New Jersey’s online gambling sites came very close to hitting an important milestone in December. Together, they were on course to break into the nine figures for monthly revenue for the first time.
- The Wall Street Journal, 1.14.21 – Cuomo’s Plan For Mobile Sports Betting In New York Faces Questions
- A key state lawmaker criticized New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s plan to authorize mobile sports betting through a competitive bidding process, highlighting the obstacles ahead for legalizing online gambling in the state.
- iGB North America, 1.14.21 – NY Gov Proposes Opening Mobile Betting Market To Multiple Providers
- New York governor Andrew Cuomo has laid out his plan for mobile sports betting in his State of the State address with a proposal that would could see multiple brands permitted to launch.
- Sports Handle, 1.13.21 – With Potential Hurdles Cleared, Legal Connecticut Sports Betting Should Happen In 2021
- After nearly three years of haggling, everything seems to be falling into place for legal Connecticut legal sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.13.21 – Michigan Sports Betting Could Launch Online Within Days
- The wait is nearly over: Michigan online sports betting is finally close to launching.
- iGB North America, 1.14.21 – IGT Pens Extension With Iowa Lottery
- International Game Technology (IGT) has signed a one-year extension to its instant ticket games and related services deal with the Iowa Lottery.
- PlayOhio, 1.13.21 – COVID-19 Took Its Toll On 2020 Ohio Gaming Revenue, But Optimism Remains For 2021
- After a promising start to 2020, gaming in Ohio ended the year by posting a sharp decline in revenue for the calendar year.
- Tucson.Com, 1.14.21 – Gov. Ducey Asks Legislature To Allow Sports Betting In Arizona, On And Off Reservations
- Doug Ducey wants to open the door to allowing Arizonans to bet on the Diamondbacks and the Cardinals.
- KJZZ, 1.14.21 – Sports Betting In Arizona Could Expand; Governor Needs Legislative Approval
- With gaming compacts set for renewal, Ducey has negotiated with Arizona tribes, paving the way for off-reservation professional sports betting and possibly college sports betting.
- The Seattle Times, 1.13.21 – Pledge To Boost Pandemic-Depleted Washington State Tax Revenues Now A Main Thrust Of Expanded Sports Gambling Push
- A renewed push is underway to expand sports betting in Washington state beyond tribal casinos, this time with a couple of noteworthy twists attached.