Industry News of the Day for January 3, 2022
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 12.30.21: Analysis: Which States Could Add Online Sports Betting In 2022?
- A number of key states legalized online sports betting in 2021, with most even managing to launch in the same year.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.30.21: A Big Year For Legal US Sports Betting: A Rundown Of Legalization, Launches In 2021
- The past year included a massive expansion of legalized sports betting in the US.
- Sports Handle, 12.31.21: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: Arkansas Digital, More Bills In Missouri, And What A Parlay!
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Sports Handle, 12.30.21: Which States Will Legalize Sports Betting In 2022?
- When Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine signed a legal sports betting bill into law during Christmas week, he capped off what was already the most prolific year yet for legal wagering.
- SBC, 12.30.21: SportsHandle: That Was The Year That Was In US Sports Betting 2021
- Brett Smiley brings us a round-up of the biggest headlines from the SportsHandle stable during what’s been another transformational year for the US sports betting business.
- Play NY, 12.29.21: Where Does NY Online Sports Betting Process Stand Heading Into Expected Early 2022 Launch?
- Just a few days remain in 2021. At long last, we’re about to kick to the curb one of the most tumultuous years in recent memory.
- Play USA, 12.29.21: New York Assemblyman Says Online Sports Betting On Track For Late January Launch
- The best-case scenario for New York online betting appears to be the case, so far, anyway.
- Play USA, 12.30.21: Get The Popcorn Ready, California – Lawsuits Over Sports Betting Ballot Measures Have Begun
- It isn’t 2022 yet but disparate gambling interests in the Golden State are wasting no time in taking their fight to control gambling expansion to where it was likely to be decided anyway; the state’s courts.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.31.21: VA Sportsbooks Latest To Report Record November Revenue
- Sports betting operators in states around the country benefitted from high volumes and house-friendly results in November and Virginia was no different.
- Sports Handle, 12.30.21: Virginia Sets Sports Betting Revenue Record With $48M For November
- The Virginia Lottery reported sports betting operator revenue of more than $48.3 million for November on Thursday, setting an all-time record since launch and furthering the trend of what will be a record month of profits for sportsbooks nationwide.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.30.21: Arkansas Takes Big Step Toward Legalizing Online Sports Betting
- Sports betting in Arkansas is set to expand online.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.29.21: Nevada Sports Betting Posts Record Revenue Of $72M In November
- Sports results favored the books in November unlike October, which helped Nevada sports betting hit a revenue record last month.
- US Bets, 12.29.21: Nevada Posts Record $72M Sports Betting Revenue For November, Tops $1B In Handle
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board reported record monthly sports betting revenue of nearly $72 million for November on Wednesday as the Silver State crossed the $1 billion threshold in handle for the second straight month.
- MI Bets, 12.30.21: 2021 Michigan Sports Betting Year In Review: Online Wagering, Cade, And More
- Well, that was quite a year for Michigan sports bettors.
- Play IL, 12.29.21: 2021 In Review: Looking Back At The 5 Biggest Stories In Illinois Gaming This Year
- The Illinois gambling industry is booming, even if the road to get to this point has been maddening at times.
- Sports Handle, 1.3.22: Arizona Generates $777M Of Handle In First Two Months Of Sports Betting
- The Arizona Department of Gaming provided a surprise ending to 2021, releasing its first two months of regulated sports betting figures Friday before the calendar flipped to 2022.