iDEA Growth in the News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.9.20 – Are US Sports Betting Operators Ignoring Key Lessons From Europe? (J. Ifrah mentioned as iDEA Growth founder)
- It’s been a summer of firsts for the US sports betting industry and its relationships with the sports.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 7.9.20 – Sportradar And FantasyPros Extend Real-Time US Sports Data Deal
- Sports betting services provider Sportradar has secured a multi-year partnership extension with fantasy sports ratings provider FantasyPros for real-time data across all major US sports.
- PlayColorado, 7.9.20 – DraftKings Retail Sportsbook Set For Colorado Debut At Mardi Gras Casino
- DraftKings is launching another retail sportsbook in Colorado. The brick-and-mortar sportsbook will find a home at the Mardi Gras Casino in Black Hawk. It will open on Friday, July 10.
Overall Industry News:
- Gambling Compliance, 7.10.20 – Reopening Restrictions For Casinos Compared To Airport Security Changes After 9/11 (subscription paywall)
- As casinos reopen, they are experimenting with security restrictions similar to airports in the aftermath of the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, according to a tribal gaming consultant.
Sports League News:
- PlayColorado, 7.9.20 – Broncos Announce Multi-Year Sports Betting Partnership With BetMGM
- The Denver Broncos are all in on sports betting. The organization announced its third multi-year agreement with a sportsbook on Thursday, this time with BetMGM.
- CBS Denver, 7.9.20 – Sports Betting: Denver Broncos Team Up With BetMGM
- The Denver Broncos and BetMGM have entered into a multi-year agreement. BetMGM and MGM Resorts will provide premium fan experiences, including a lounge at Empower Field at Mile High and a new mobile app.
- PlayNJ, 7.9.20 – NJ Gaming News: Sportsbooks Anticipate MLB’s Return; Caesars Reopens AC Casinos
- Here are the latest headlines making New Jersey gambling news this week.
- PlayPennsylvania, 7.10.20 – Truck Stop VGTs Proliferate In PA, Expansion To Bars And Social Clubs Nixed For Now
- The hammer is back down for the spread of truck stop-based video gaming terminals – VGTs – in the less populous areas of Pennsylvania, away from regular land-based casinos.
- Penn Bets, 7.10.20 – MGM’s Online Gaming Site Coming To PA Soon, But It First Owes A Fine
- MGM Resorts International is hoping to start its online gaming site soon in Pennsylvania, but before it can collect its first dime, it must pay an $85,000 fine to the state Gaming Control Board.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.9.20 – New RI Sports Betting Bill Shows It’s Never Too Late To Do The Right Thing
- A bill introduced Wednesday in the Rhode Island House would finally allow for remote registration of sports wagering accounts. H 8097 would make Rhode Island sports betting more competitive by eliminating the in-person registration signup requirement.
- iGB North America, 7.10.20 – RI Amendment Seeks To Scrap In-Person Sports Betting Registration
- Lawmakers in Rhode Island are to consider an amendment that would remove the requirement for consumers to register in-person in order to access online sports betting in the state.
- PlayMichigan, 7.9.20 – Four Winds Casino Opening Michigan’s Second Tribal Sportsbook Monday
- Four Winds Casino in New Buffalo will open Michigan’s second tribal casino sportsbook on Monday morning.
- PlayIllinois, 7.9.20 – Video Gaming Terminals Coming To An Illinois Fair Near You — Next Year
- Video gaming is coming to Illinois fairs, but we won’t see it in action until 2021. Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signed SB 516 into law last week, which will allow for video gaming terminals (VGTs) at the Springfield and Du Quoin state fairgrounds.
- SBC Americas, 7.10.20 – GLI Certification Puts theScore On Track For Indiana Sports Wagering
- Score Media and Gaming Inc has confirmed today that its subsidiary, Score Digital Sports Ventures Inc (theScore Bet), has obtained Gaming Laboratories International GLI-33 certification for its mobile sports betting app and the sportsbook player account management platform it plans to deploy in Indiana.
- iGB North America, 7.10.20 – Iowa Sports Betting Market Continues To Recover In June
- Figures released by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission show that sports betting revenue in the state amounted to $620,740 in June, an increase of 23.9% on the previous month.
- Radio Iowa, 7.9.20 – Prairie Meadows Sees Increased Offtrack Betting On Horses During Pandemic
- The director of racing at the Prairie Meadows Casino in Altoona says they have seen a big increase in offtrack betting on their races during the pandemic.
- KFOR, 7.9.20 – Stitt Joins Otoe-Missouria Tribal Leaders To Discuss Gaming Compact
- State leaders joined tribal leaders to celebrate the new terms of a tribal gaming compact going into effect.
- PlayNevada, 7.9.20 – Nevada Gaming Approves Eldorado-Caesars Merger, William Hill To Run Sportsbooks
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and separate Nevada Gaming Commission unanimously approved the merger of Eldorado Resorts and Caesars Entertainment during a special hearing on Wednesday.