iDEA Growth in the News
- Bonus.com, 7.9.22 – 2023 Illinois Online Casino Legalization Efforts Lose Prominent Advocate
- Legislators who hope to legalize Illinois online casino gambling in 2023 are disheartened by Rep. Michael J. Zalewski’s primary election loss. However, online gambling advocates don’t expect the loss of his prominent voice to stall legislative efforts. [John A. Pappas, iDEA Growth; iDEA Growth Twitter]
iDEA Growth Member News
- Legal Sports Report, 7.8.22 – DraftKings CEO Robins To Legislators: Legalize iGaming Now
- In a room full of legislators, DraftKings CEO Jason Robins asked for continued legalization of online sports betting and iGaming. Robins gave the keynote address Friday at the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) summer meeting. During the roughly 10-minute speech, the DraftKings co-founder talked about the early days of the daily fantasy sports operator headquartered in the city and how legislators were crucial to its growth.
Sports League News
- Legal Sports Report, 7.10.22 – Red Sox, Leagues Working Together To Get MA Sports Betting Licenses
- Legal MA sports betting could be coming to a sportsbook near Fenway Park if professional leagues and teams get their way. That is according to Dave Friedman, Executive VP of Legal and Government Affairs for the Boston Red Sox.
- Sports Handle, 7.11.22 – Bars, Restaurants, And Sports Betting: A Triple Play Of Profit
- A round of shots on … the guy who just hit a five-leg same-game parlay! That scenario was one of the main takeaways from a study last summer from CGA Strategies, a food and drink consultancy operation. Using Illinois as a test subject, it looked into the effect mobile sports betting has — and will have — on the restaurant and bar world. Its conclusion is not surprising: Sports betting can be a boon to bars and restaurants.
- US Bets, 7.11.22 – ‘Enough Room In The Sandbox’ For Often Misunderstood Online Lottery
- On Saturday, iLottery got its 60 minutes in the sun. A panel on the topic took place in Boston during the three-day conference of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS).
- CDC Gaming Reports Inc., 7.10.22 – Athletes and journalists find natural transitions to sports betting, gaming industries
- During four years of college and nine in the NFL, Mike Pritchard ensured he was prepared for every game. The former wide receiver from the University of Colorado, the 13th pick in the 1991 NFL Draft, devoted long hours to studying his opponents, looking for any information that gave him an edge.
- Play USA, 7.8.22 – Alabama Ruling Against Electronic Bingo Hall Could Further Complicate Situation
- Alabama gambling law could be its own course at any number of law schools across the United States. While the state is void of most forms of legal online gambling, electronic bingo is a popular way to play in some parts of the state. That’s been the heart of the issue in a recent Greenetrack Alabama court ruling.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.8.22 – Pucking The Trend: Avalanche Big Boost For CO Sports Betting
- Hockey has never been a huge betting draw in the US, including the CO sports betting market. All it took was a Stanley Cup run to change that. Colorado sportsbooks handled $127.3 million in hockey bets during the Colorado Avalanche‘s 2022 Stanley Cup-winning postseason, according to a spokesperson for the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission on Friday.
- US Bets, 7.8.22 – Ruling On Mobile Sports Wagering In Florida Wrongly Decided, Attorney Says
- A prominent expert in tribal law told an audience at the National Council of Legislators From Gaming States (NCLGS) conference in Boston on Friday that a federal judge in November should not have blocked the Seminole Tribe in Florida from offering mobile sports wagering statewide.
- Play IA, 7.11.22 – June 2022 Iowa Sports Betting Numbers Remain Strong In Ramp Up To Football Season
- Even with the seasonal summer slowdown, Iowa keeps setting new sports betting benchmarks. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) recorded a record-breaking number when it completed its audit of June 2022 sports betting numbers on Friday.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.8.22 – Parisella: ‘Trying To Do What We Can’ To Legalize MA Sports Betting
- Jerry Parisella is hearing it from his constituents about whether they will have legal MA sports betting this year. “Jerry, when the hell are we going to get sports betting? We’re doing it already!” Parisella recounted Friday at the opening of the 2022 Summer Meeting of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS.)
- Play Ohio, 7.9.22 – Fanatics, FanDuel, Cincinnati Bengals Apply For Ohio Sports Betting Licenses
- Three more big names have applied for Ohio sports betting licenses: Fanatics, FanDuel and the Cincinnati Bengals. Fanatics and FanDuel have submitted paperwork to be an online operator and to run a retail sportsbook ahead of Ohio’s sports betting launch on Jan. 1, 2023. The Cincinnati Bengals have applied to host a retail sportsbook at Paul Brown Stadium.
- Play Virginia, 7.8.22 – Virginia Bettors Trade Sports Betting For Summer Relaxation In May
- Virginia’s May sports betting report is out, revealing an expected dip in activity as 2022 reaches the halfway mark. Virginia sports bettors might have doubled their action year-over-year, but wagering continues to slow as summer sets in.