iDEA Growth in the News:
- Wired, 7.13.21: Twitch Streamers Rake In Millions With A Shady Crypto Gambling Boom (Jeff Ifrah quoted)
- Twitch is in the middle of a gambling boom, fueled by the rise of so-called “crypto casinos”—websites where gamblers can purchase cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum for use in digital games of chance like slots, blackjack, and baccarat.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Paysafe, 7.14.21: Paysafe Provides Wynnbet With Payments And Marketing Solutions In Us
- Paysafe, a leading specialized payments platform, today partnered with WynnBET, the U.S. mobile sports-betting platform from Wynn Resorts subsidiary Wynn Interactive Ltd.
- SBC, 7.14.21: Fanduel And Scientific Games Celebrate Going Live Across 10 US States With Opensports
- FanDuel Group and Scientific Games are now officially live and operational across 10 US states utilizing the latter’s OpenSports technology following the completion of four new launches.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 7.14.21: Gaming Licenses Are Compliable’s Comfort Zone, Taking Nuisance Off Of Operators’ Backs
- Gaming license applications may seem like nothing more than a nuisance amidst the flurry of states legalizing online gambling. However, Compliable, a company working to help operators get their applications done quickly and correctly says that doing so can potentially save millions of dollars.
- US Bets, 7.13.21: Rush Street Chairman Bluhm Optimistic On iGaming, But Still Sees Place For Casinos
- Rush Street Gaming Chairman Neil Bluhm struck an optimistic tone about the future of the gaming industry in delivering the keynote address at the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States on Monday.
- Play NY, 7.13.21: Goal Line In Sight: Will NY Launch Mobile Sports Betting In Time For Super Bowl?
- New York lawmakers passed a bill legalizing mobile sports betting in NY during the spring. At the time, many observers eyed the 2021 football season as a prime launch target. Much work remained, but the thought was perhaps online sportsbooks could go live by the end of the year.
- Play OH, 7.13.21: Down But Still Strong, Ohio Casinos Report State’s Biggest June Revenue Ever
- For the second straight month, revenue numbers for Ohio casinos declined in June.
- Play WV, 7.13.21: West Virginia Online Casino Revenue Drops Below $4 Million In June
- It was another sluggish month for West Virginia online casinos. Combined, the four mobile platforms only netted around $3.9 million in revenue during the month of June.
- IGB, 7.14.21: IGT Enters Washington’s Fledgling Sports Betting Market
- International Game Technology (IGT) is to enter the Washington state sports betting market through a partnership with Snoqualmie Casino.
- SBC, 7.13.21: Indiana Sportsbooks See Volume Slip And Revenue Surge During Slower June Trading
- Indiana saw sports betting volume slip below $250m in June while revenue jumped to more than $25m, a welcome result according to analysts at PlayIndiana considering a lack of local sporting action.
- Saturday Tradition, 7.14.21: Australian Online Sportsbook Operator Gains U.S. Market Access In Iowa
- Crikey, a new sportsbook operator from down under has secured a deal to for Iowa online sports betting.
- Beloit Daily News, 7.14.21: Gov. Evers Bets More Gambling Will Bring More Jobs
- For a governor whose favorite card game is euchre, Democrat Tony Evers has taken two major steps to expand high-stakes gambling in Wisconsin.
- Sports Handle, 7.14.21: The Provincial Rollout: What’s Next For Single-Event Sports Betting In Canada
- When the Senate of Canada approved a bill on single-event sports betting last month in a historic 11th hour vote, the Canadian Parliament laid the groundwork for the rollout of wagering on single-game athletic events north of the border.