Industry News of the Day for July 15, 2019
- Sports Handle, 7.12.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports And Sports Betting: NC Close To Legalizing
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.12.19 – New Jersey Posts $273 Million In Sports Bets In Dog Days Of Summer
- Summer is not the biggest time to bet on sports in the US, but the New Jersey sports betting industry is still posting big numbers.
- AP, 7.12.19 – 1 Year, $3.2 Billion Later, New Jersey Sports Betting Soars
- New Jersey gamblers plunked down more than $3 billion on sports in the first full year that it became legal, helping the state challenge Nevada for the nationwide lead in the fast-growing industry.
- AP, 7.12.19 – Lottery Gets Win In Pennsylvania Casinos’ Gambling Lawsuit
- Pennsylvania’s casinos have lost a bid to shut down online lottery games that they say are too much like casino gambling, just days before the state’s first casinos launch their own online gambling portals.
- Play Pennsylvania, 7.13.19 – And Sugarhouse Makes Three: Rush Street Launching Online Casino July 17
- While they won’t be joining the fray on Monday, SugarHouse Casino will be offering a PA online casino product in a matter of days. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) confirmed to PlayPennsylvania that the Rush Street-owned PA casino would undergo live testing of its online casino on July 17 and 18.
- Radio Iowa, 7.15.19 – Tracking Technology Will Be Used In Sports Betting Apps
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission got a look at some of the technology that will be used for sports gambling during their meeting last week
- WV News, 7.14.19 – Sports Betting Can Be A ‘Pain,’ Lottery Director Says
- It’s been more than a year since lawmakers approved sports betting in the state of West Virginia, a program that lawmakers had hoped would be a new strong stream of revenue for the state.
- Chicago Tribune, 7.12.19 – Illinois Gambling Expansion Could Take A While. Here’s A Look At What’s To Come
- Two weeks after Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a law authorizing a massive expansion of gambling in Illinois, the state has taken the first small step toward creating a Chicago casino.
- Blue Ridge Public Radio, 7.12.19 – Sports Betting At Two Eastern Band Casinos Closer To Reality
- North Carolina lawmakers could give the final okay to sports betting in the state as early as Monday. A bill that would allow sports books and off-track horse betting at casinos on tribal lands cleared a key House committee Wednesday in Raleigh, and is on the agenda for a floor vote Monday evening..
- Sports Handle, 7.15.19 – It’s Official: New Hampshire Latest State To Legalize Sports Betting
- New Hampshire on Friday became the sixth state this year to legalize sports betting when Governor Chris Sununu signed a bill that will allow state-wide mobile sports betting, as well as sports betting at physical locations throughout the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.14.19 – New Hampshire Legalizes Sports Betting, But How Long Until Launch
- New Hampshire sports betting joins the national party today. Gov. Chris Sununu signed H 480 into law Friday morning, legalizing and regulating sports betting in his state.
- New Hampshire Union Leader, 7.13.19 – NH, Place Your Bets: Sports Wagering Is Now Legal Here
- Sports betting is now legal in New Hampshire, and state officials expect it will bring in $10 million for education funding in its first full year.
- NWI Times, 7.14.19 – Indiana Finalizing Sports Wagering Regulations Ahead Of Possible Sept. 1 Start
- It appears likely that Hoosiers will be able to begin placing in-person bets at casinos on professional and college sporting events sometime around Sept. 1, with betting via mobile devices coming later.
Sports League News:
- CNBC, 7.14.19 – NBA And NFL Commissioners Tell How They’re Turning To Technology To Draw In Fans
- At the Allen & Co. conference in Sun Valley, the heads of top sports leagues gave examples of how they can use technology to excite fans. Sports betting and eSports are two areas where they’re looking for opportunities.