iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.19.21: Lengthy Louisiana DFS Saga Nears End WIth DraftKings License
- Louisiana DFS has its first operator as the LA Gaming Control Board approved DraftKings last week.
- The Capitolist, 7.19.21: DraftKings, FanDuel target Florida user base to fuel sports betting petition
- Major sports betting operators DraftKings and FanDuel are tapping into their Florida player base in order to meet a petition threshold that would give Florida voters a say in the expansion of sports gambling.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 7.16.21: Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: New York And Canada Thoughts, Maine Status, Olympics Ahead
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories. Also check out this week’s Wild World of Gambling at US Bets.
- Sports Handle, 7.19.21: What’s On Tap: NBA Finals, Tokyo Summer Olympics, And NHL Expansion Draft
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- SBC, 7.19.21: New Jersey Battles Declining Betting Volumes To Hit $71m In June Revenue
- New Jersey‘s online and retail sportsbooks saw a hold of 9.3% push revenue to more than $71m in June, despite the national trend of declining betting volume in June.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.16.21: Parlays Help New Jersey Sportsbooks To Bumper June Hold
- New Jersey sportsbooks saw handle decline in June but favorable results meant revenues kept climbing.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.19.21: Maryland Sports Betting Regulations Approved, Head to Public Comment
- The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Commission approved a set of regulations for sports betting in the state last week.
- Play VA, 7.19.21: Meet BlueBet, The Australian Sportsbook With Eyes on Virginia
- Although BlueBet Sportsbook plans to make its US debut in Iowa, the Australian sports betting operator also has its eyes on Virginia.
- IGB, 7.19.21: South Dakota Approves Tax Changes Ahead Of Sports Betting Introduction
- South Dakota has taken a step closer to the limited introduction of sports betting after state gambling officials amended and passed final regulations.
- IGB, 7.19.21: Michigan’s Sports Revenue Hike Can’t Stop Another Online Gambling Fall
- Internet gaming operators in Michigan reported a third straight month of decline in June despite a leap in sports betting revenue.
- Play MI, 7.19.21: $89.2 Million In June Revenue As Michigan Internet Gaming Strong Again In June
- It’s still not at nine figures, but the June Michigan online casino revenue totals provide impressive figures for the state, nonetheless.
- Play MI, 7.19.21: $235.1 Million Wagered In June As Summer Slowdown Cools Michigan Sports Betting
- The totals for Michigan online sports betting handle in June garnered less wagering in the Great Lakes State for the third consecutive month.
- Gamble IL, 7.16.21: Online Casino Gaming In Illinois Back In Focus
- Lawmakers in Illinois attempted to pass an online casino bill in 2021, but those efforts ultimately failed.
- Sports Handle, 7.16.19: Here’s How Arizona Dept. Of Gaming Will Allocate Event Wagering Licenses
- In a move that apparently surprised at least some tribal nations, the Arizona Department of Gaming on Friday morning released another set of proposed event wagering rules that lay out criteria for how the 20 event wagering operator licenses will be allocated.