Industry News of the Day for July 2, 2019
- Legal Sports Report, 7.1.19 – Heavy Lift On California Sports Betting Could Take A Year To Sort Out
- If California has a decision whether to authorize sports betting on the ballot in November 2020, it will be voting on a full-fledged bill.
- AP, 7.2.19 – Sports Betting, Opioid Industry Fees Await Action In Maine
- Maine’s governor could weigh in on legislation to allow sports betting, among other bills passed by lawmakers in the final hours of this year’s legislative session.
- Chicago Sun Times, 7.1.19 – No Sure Bet On When Sports Wagering Will Be Available To Illinois Gamblers
- Putting a legal bet down on the Bears’ season opener in September? That’s probably not in the cards for Illinois gamblers.
- KCAU, 7.1.19 – New Iowa Laws Go Into Effect
- As the start of Iowa’s new fiscal year, new laws have taken effect in the state starting Monday, July 1. Some of the more well-known bills passed were allowing sports betting in the state and allowing the growing and harvesting of hemp.
- Sports Handle, 7.1.19 – Legal Sports Betting Goes Live In Arkansas At Oaklawn Racing
- On Monday morning at the Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort in Hot Springs, Ark., general manager Wayne Smith placed the state’s first legal sports bet with a teller at the casino’s remodeled Race & Sports Book.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play NJ, 7.1.19 – DraftKings Follows Its Sports Betting Success With New ‘Gaming Hub’ in NJ
- DraftKings has no plans of leaving New Jersey anytime soon. The Boston-based company unveiled its new 7,500-square-foot office in Hoboken.
Overall Industry News:
- Las Vegas Sun, 7.1.19 – Year Ahead Critical For Expansion Of Sports Betting, AGA President Says
- During his first year as president and CEO of the American Gaming Association, Bill Miller has had a full plate. The Las Vegas Sun recently caught up with Miller to discuss topics including sports betting and the overturning of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act — PASPA — which previously banned wagering in most of the United States.