iDEA Growth Member News
- iGB, 7.22.22 – DraftKings files patent for new game development arm
- Fantasy sports and betting business DraftKings has a filed a patent application for a new game development corporation named Black Throne Studios.
- US Bets, 7.26.22 – Sports Betting, Problem Gambling, And Suicide: Are Operators Doing Enough?
- Researchers have consistently found that problem gamblers have a higher suicide rate than virtually any other group with addictive behavior. “If you’re experiencing gambling behaviors problematically, your risk of thinking about suicide and attempting suicide are hugely elevated, and that can’t all be explained by other things,” said Heather Wardle of the University of Glasgow, one of the UK’s leading problem gambling researchers. “There is a mechanism in there for gambling to specifically heighten these things. We don’t know exactly how this works, but there is a role that cannot be diminished.”
- Sports Handle, 7.25.22 – Arizona Sportsbooks Have Big May, Top $55 Million In Revenue
- Sports wagering operators in Arizona had their best month since launch in May, claiming more than $55 million in gross revenue according to figures released by the Arizona Department of Gaming.
- SBC Americas, 7.26.22 – Governor Newsom blasts ‘arbitrary’ DOI rejection of California Tribal-State Class III compacts
- California’s Governor Newsom has hit back at the US Department of Interior following its decision to disapprove a series of class III gaming compacts with two tribal authorities.
- Play CA, 7.25.22 – Tribal Online Sports Betting Initiative Could Have Trouble Qualifying For ’24
- A California tribal online sports betting initiative submitted for the 2024 election won’t qualify by signature count if its validity rates are similar to the sports betting measures on the 2022 ballot. The Secretary of State released the initial count numbers for signatures on the possible future ballot measure. Petitioners, led by the chairmen of the San Manuel, Rincon, Graton Rancheria and Wilton Rancheria tribes, submitted 1,315,651 raw signatures.
- iGB, 7.26.22 – Louisiana online sports betting handle declines again in June
- Consumers in Louisiana spent $113.7m betting on sports online in June, the lowest monthly total since the opening month of the US state’s legal market in January this year.
- SBC Americas, 7.26.22 – Kansas may not launch sports betting in time for NFL season
- It is unclear if the state of Kansas will be able to launch its sports betting market in time for the kickoff of the NFL season in September.
- Play Ohio, 7.25.22 – Missing Disparity Study Could Delay Ohio Sports Betting
- Despite a clear directive in the 2021 law that legalizes sports betting in Ohio, the state has not commissioned a required disparity study of the industry that some lawmakers say was intended to take place before licenses could be issued.
- Play WV, 7.25.22 – June’s Online Casino Revenue Drops To $7 Mill. As WV Bettors Hit The Beach
- West Virginia online casino revenue endured another difficult month in June, generating right around $7 million. After several impressive months in a row, this now makes two straight that fell below expectations.