Industry News of the Day for July 30, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.29.21: POINTSBET LOOKS TO MORE THAN DOUBLE CASH ON HAND AS US RACE STAYS HOT
- PointsBet announced a $300 million (A$400 million) capital raise to continue its North American expansion during its fourth-quarter conference call Wednesday evening.
- iGB North America, 7.29.21: PointsBet records 153.9% revenue growth in FY2021
- Australia-based online bookmaker PointsBet has reported a 153.9% year-on-year revenue increase in its results for the 2020-21 financial year, ended 30 June.
- iGB North America, 7.30.21: NFL’s Colts to offer FanDuel site credit in new ticket package
- Flutter Entertainment-owned FanDuel Group has expanded its partnership with National Football League (NFL) franchise the Indianapolis Colts to include a new ticketing element where fans can receive FanDuel site credit with a Colts ticket package.
- iGB North America, 7.29.21: DraftKings and Sports & Social to launch sports bars with new partnership
- Gambling and sports betting operator DraftKings has entered into a strategic partnership with US entertainment brand Sports & Social, owned by the Cordish Companies, in order to create new DraftKings sports bars across the US.
- Sports Handle, 7.29.21: New York Tracker: Who’s In, Who’s Out Of Running For Mobile Sports Gambling Contract?
- Reversing course on his longstanding opposition toward mobile sports betting, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo brokered a deal in April to legalize online sports wagering in the Empire State.
- WSHU, 7.29.21: Problem Gambling Advocates See Problem’s With New York’s Sports Betting Law
- New opportunities to wager on sporting events in New York are raising plenty of red flags, according to a group dedicated to increasing public awareness about problem gambling.
- iGB North America, 7.30.21: Rhode Island sports betting revenue reaches $36.2m in FY2021
- Sports betting revenue in Rhode Island amounted to $36.2m in the state’s 2021 financial year, almost double the total generated in the previous 12-month period.
- iGB North America, 7.30.21: Nevada revenue dips in June despite casinos returning to full capacity
- Gaming revenue in Nevada fell 3.3% month-on-month in June despite land-based casinos across the US state returning to full capacity following the easing of novel coronavirus (Covid-19) restrictions.
- iGB North America, 7.29.21: Massachusetts State Lottery breaks sales and profit records in 2021
- The Massachusetts State Lottery recorded an all-time record profit of $1.105bn in its 2021 fiscal year, consisting of the twelve months to June 30, 2021.
- PlayIA, 7.30.21: IOWA LOTTERY SEES RECORD YEAR, TOPS $100 MILLION IN PROCEEDS FOR FY21
- Iowa Lottery officials released the preliminary fiscal year 2021 figures Wednesday. For the first time, the IA Lottery passed $100 million in proceeds to state causes.
- SBC Americas, 7.30.21: Washington Indian Gaming Association issues statement on approval of sports betting licensing rules
- The Washington Indian Gaming Association has issued a statement on the state’s Gambling Commission voting to approve sports wagering licensing rules.