iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 6.13.22 – DraftKings extends partnership with UFC to include gamified NFTs
- DraftKings has extended its partnership with the UFC, with plans to launch a new iteration of its Reignmakers gamified digital collectibles franchise focused on the MMA promotion.
- Play USA, 6.14.22 – Part 4: Legality, Responsibility, Security: Are Metaverse Casinos A Digital Deadwood?
- Online casino gambling is legal and underway in just six states. However, Metaverse casinos are available anywhere with Internet connections — and state legislators and regulators are trying to catch up.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.13.22 – NFL Funding Helps Take 1-800-GAMBLER Helpline Nationwide
- Bettors across the US will have access to the 1-800-GAMBLER problem gambling helpline for the next six years under a new deal announced last week.
- SBC Americas, 6.14.22 – Indiana sportsbooks see YoY growth despite monthly decline
- Indiana sportsbook’s monthly wagering continued to fall in May, but the state did see year-over-year growth compared to May 2021.
- Play NY, 6.14.22 – Poll: Executives Don’t Want Other Key States Copying NY Sports Betting’s 51% Tax Rate
- Executives in the US sports betting industry hope other states don’t copy New York’s 51% tax rate.
- Play Ohio, 6.14.22 – Ohio’s Tax Structure Concerns Sportsbooks
- When states legalize sports betting, a vital component of the decision-making process is the tax rate and how it’s applied. With Ohio sports betting set to go live in six months, how sportsbooks will be taxed has become a major concern. House Bill 29 imposed a flat 10% tax on all operators, both online and retail operators.
- Play USA, 6.13.22 – Ohio Lays Foundation For Sports Betting Locations, January Launch
- After Jan. 1, Ohio sports bettors will have options of placing bets on their mobile devices (on which exact sportsbooks, we don’t know yet), in person at casinos, one of the state’s seven racinos, and through a unique partnership with professional sports franchises that will allow the activity at stadiums.
- Play USA, 6.14.22 – Oregon Council On Problem Gambling Solicits Aid, Offers Funding For Research
- Organizations connected to gambling have put their money where their mouths are when it comes to addressing Oregon’s problem gambling. Now, they want help in deciding what to talk about. The first funding cycle of the Oregon Council on Problem Gambling has a new deadline for research proposals. The request for proposals is quite broad and could benefit gamblers both in and outside of Oregon.
- iGB, 6.13.22 – Oregon sports betting revenue continues upward trend in May
- Sports betting revenue in Oregon amounted to $5.0m (£4.1m/€4.8m) in May, an increase of 108.3% on May 2021 and also higher than in April of this year. The monthly total was comfortably higher than $2.4m in May last year and also up by some 31.6% from $3.8m in April this year.