iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 6.24.20 – DraftKings, FanDuel Roll Out Standalone Online Casino Apps To Complement Sportsbooks
- On Tuesday, DraftKings and FanDuel each announced the launch of their standalone online casino app. Both are beginning with a single state — New Jersey for DraftKings and Pennsylvania for FanDuel.
- Penn Bets, 6.23.20 – DraftKings Closing In On FanDuel In PA, But Can That Continue?
- With COVID-19 shutdowns devastating the sports betting industry this spring, one thing remained constant as everything else was thrown asunder: DraftKings kept gaining on FanDuel in Pennsylvania.
- SBC Americas, 6.24.20 – Sportradar Deepens Data And Streaming Services For ROAR Digital’s BetMGM
- ROAR Digital, the joint venture between MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings, has agreed a long-term extension to its partnership with Sportradar, which will see the current agreement extended through to September 2026.
- Gambling Compliance, 6.24.20 – Sports-Betting Operators Readying For Return Of Major U.S. Sports (subscription paywall)
- Major American sports continue to finalize their plans to return to play, and top executives from sports-betting operators spoke Tuesday about what the landscape looks like for mobile betting when those sports return.
- US Bets, 6.23.20 – The Future Of Sports Betting: How U.S. State Rankings Will Look At The End Of 2021
- This current moment, one week away from the midpoint of 2020, is not a particularly profound time for assessing the health of legal sports betting in America.
- PlayUSA, 6.23.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Hopes For California Sports Betting Fizzle Out
- Another week gone, another week closer to major sports returning. Another week of casino reopenings. Another week of normalization.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 6.24.20 – FanDuel Signs Content And Distribution Deal With SportsGrid
- FanDuel Group has been selected as the exclusive sportsbook, casino, racing and fantasy sports partner of SportsGrid after the two signed a new strategic content and distribution partnership.
- PlayPennsylvania, 6.23.20 – PA Gaming Review: Casinos, Horse Racing Back On Track, MLB And Hockey On The Way
- Pennsylvania gaming news was all about trying to return to something like normal as virus infections continue to slow.
- PlayPennsylvania, 6.23.20 – FanDuel PA Debuts Stand-Alone Casino App, Ready To ‘Ramp Up’ Games Selection
- FanDuel is obviously not resting on its perch as the top online sportsbook and iGaming table games operator in Pennsylvania.
- Penn Bets, 6.23.20 – FanDuel Launches Stand-Alone Casino App In Pennsylvania
- FanDuel Group on Tuesday launched a stand-alone casino app in Pennsylvania for Android users (and for iOS products soon) in a major bolstering of its Keystone State business.
- PlayPennsylvania, 6.23.20 – Cashless Payments On The Rise, But Are They Coming Soon To PA Casinos?
- Before coronavirus, cashless payment systems beyond debit and credit cards – mostly Venmo, Apple Pay and Google Pay – were gaining serious traction.
- PlayPennylvania, 6.23.20 – Pace-O-Matic And PA Casinos Unite Against Video Gaming Terminal Expansion
- The proverb “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” explains how Pace-O-Matic, the maker of Pennsylvania “Skill Games,” is suddenly allied with the state’s brick-and-mortar casino industry.
- Gambling Compliance, 6.24.20 – Pennsylvania Pushing Plan To Expand Video Gaming Terminals (subscription paywall)
- Despite strong opposition from casino operators, the chief Republican in Pennsylvania’s Senate is pushing for legislation that would expand video gaming terminals (VGTs) to bars, restaurants and other businesses that hold liquor licenses.
- Online Poker Report, 6.23.20 – Movin’ On Up: Michigan Online Gambling Could Launch By October
- A new legislative effort to expedite the launch of online gambling in Michigan might not even be necessary.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.23.20 – Fast Track To Mobile Sports Betting In Michigan Appears Online
- Michigan is pursuing a more aggressive timeline to have mobile sports betting up and running in October.
- iGB North America, 6.23.20 – RSI To Launch Sports Betting With Michigan’s Little River Casino
- Rush Street Interactive (RSI) has agreed a deal to launch retail and online sports betting in partnership with the Little River Casino Resort in Michigan.
- Gambling Compliance, 6.24.20 – Illinois Casinos Might Reopen Ahead Of Atlantic City (subscription paywall)
- Overshadowed by this week’s announcement that Atlantic City casinos will open on July 2, Illinois casinos are chomping at the bit to open perhaps as early as Friday.
- PlayIllinois, 6.23.20 – Illinois Casinos May Reopen Soon; Here’s What To Expect
- Illinois is on track to enter phase four of reopening on Friday, June 26, which could be good news for the state’s 10 casinos.
- PlayIA, 6.23.20 – Deadwood Casinos Still Pushing For Legal Sports Betting In South Dakota
- The COVID-19 pandemic may have altered plans to educate voters about a proposal to legalize South Dakota sports betting, but it wasn’t sufficient to stifle the push altogether. Casino operators in Deadwood are determined to get it done.
- KALB, 6.23.20 – State Senate Passes Bill Aimed At Dedicating Tax Revenue From Fantasy Sports To Early Childhood Education
- The Senate voted 36-0 Tuesday to give final passage to a bill to levy an eight percent state tax on the net revenue from fantasy sports contests.
- PlayColorado, 6.23.20 – Colorado Welcomes New Poker Game To Rulebook
- A new poker game, Three-Card Shine, is now available to casino-goers in Colorado. Well, when gamblers can play table games again at the state’s casinos, that is.
- Sports Handle, 6.23.20 – Don’t Bet On It: Washington Sports Betting Won’t Launch This Year
- The takeaway from Tuesday’s Washington State Gambling Commission meeting is this: Don’t expect to be able to place legal sports bets in the state in the near future.
- Los Angeles Times, 6.23.20 – California Lawmakers Shelve Bid To Legalize Sports Betting
- Two years after the U.S. Supreme Court opened the door for states to allow sports betting, political squabbles between rival gambling interests have left California stalemated on the issue, with the latest effort fizzling this week in the state Legislature.
- PlayCA, 6.23.20 – Once Again, Efforts To Legalize Sports Betting In CA Done For The Year
- Although the latest sports betting amendment proposal in the California Legislature involved months of work, it’s actual life span in the CA Senate was quite short. On Monday, Sen. Bill Dodd pulled SCA 6, a measure that, among other things, would have legalized wagering on sporting events for the state’s 40 million inhabitants.