Industry News of the Day for June 29, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Paysafe, 6.29.21: Paysafe Expands FOX Bet Partnership Into Michigan
- Paysafe, a leading specialized payments platform, today announced an expanded partnership with FOX Bet, a U.S. online and mobile sports-betting platform operated by Flutter Entertainment plc.
- SBC, 6.28.21: Sportradar Agrees 10-year Data Partnership With National Hockey League
- Sports betting firm Sportradar and the National Hockey League (NHL) have put the finishing touches to a new 10-year partnership according to a report this week published by Sportico.
- Play IA, 6.28.21: From Swimsuits To Sports Bets: 888 Deal Gives SI Sportsbook Iowa Access
- An iconic American brand known for beachwear pics will soon add betting slips. Look for SI Sportsbook to arrive in Iowa, thanks to a new partnership.
- The Lines, 6.29.21: DraftKings, FanDuel Propose Florida Amendment To Access Sports Betting
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend, even in sports betting. Rivals FanDuel and DraftKings teamed up and submitted a Florida amendment for sports betting this past week in hopes of gaining market access in the state.
Overall Industry News:
- Action Network, 6.28.21: Sports Betting Legalization Mid-Year Report: Where 9 States Stand in 2021
- As we near the midway point of 2021, nine states have already passed laws to legalize sports betting. Here are the key details for all nine and when to expect wagering to begin:
- Legal Sports Report, 6.29.21: So What Exactly Is IGRA And Why Will It Shape Sports Betting In 2021?
- In recent months, one federal statute has been cited repeatedly, perhaps more than any other federal law when discussing the expansion of sports betting across the country. That is the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, or as it is often referred to, IGRA.
- IGB, 6.28.21: Rhode Island Sportsbook Revenue Falls In May
- Rhode Island posted sportsbook revenue of $2.8m for May, representing a 12.5% decrease from the previous month.
- IGB, 6.29.21: NH Lottery Hails Successful Conclusion To Wire Act Drama
- The New Hampshire Lottery said it was “extremely pleased” that its challenge to the Department of Justice (DoJ)’s reinterpretation of the Wire Act had concluded in its favour.
- The Signal, 6.28.21: Sports Betting Could Become To California Sooner Than You’d Imagined
- So far, this is just a hypothesis, but yes, sports betting can become legal in California and the state might benefit greatly because of it.
- US Bets, 6.28.21: CA Gubernatorial Candidate Kevin Paffrath: State Should Be ‘Destination’ For Online Gambling
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom is facing a recall this year, with a slew of candidates trying to take the reins of the most populous state in the country. One of those candidates is YouTube star Kevin “Meet Kevin” Paffrath, who lays claim to a massive 1.66 million following on the site.
- Florida News Time, 6.29.21: Will Florida’s Online Gambling Laws be Changed?
- Like a number of US states, the authorities in Florida tend to adopt drastically different approaches when regulating on and offline gambling within their boundaries.
- WSHV, 6.28.21: Virginians Wagered $865 Million In First Four Months Of Sports Betting
- Sports betting is now legal in the commonwealth and has been for five months now. Millions are clearly buying in, but is it generating the tax revenue the state thought it would?
- Illinois News Today, 6.29.21: How have the New Illinois Online Gambling Laws Changed?
- The PAPSA legislation from 1992 once dominated sports betting in the US, by prohibiting this at a federal level. However, the US Supreme Court opted to repeal the law in May 2019, equipping states with the autonomy to legalise and regulate sports betting at a local level.
- Sports Handle, 6.28.21: One Skin, No Clarity On How To Divvy Up Tribal Sports Betting Licenses in Arizona
- The first stakeholder and public comments published by the Arizona Division of Gaming on June 25 generally reflect what stakeholders shared verbally in two meetings earlier in the month.