iDEA Growth Members in the News
- MI Bets, 6.2.22 – With Golden Nugget Purchase, DraftKings Doubles Down In Casino War
- A general rule of thumb in Michigan is that the better an online sportsbook does, the better an online casino does. But Golden Nugget has been a bit of an outlier in the Mitten State since launch last January. [DraftKings]
- SBC Americas, 6.3.22 – SportsHandle: the week that was in US sports betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Play USA, 6.2.22 – 2022 Gubernatorial Races & Gambling: West Coast Elections Could Have Consequences For Gaming
- The majority of voters in the United States will go to the polls to determine who their next governors will be in November. In many of those states, that person will either stay in or take office amid debates on the status of legal gambling.
- The Kansas City Star, 6.2.22 – Kansas Sports Betting – Legal Sportsbooks in Kansas 2022
- Governor Laura Kelly ushered in a new era of legal sports betting in Kansas when she signed SB 84 into law on May 12. It paves the way for 12 online sportsbooks to launch in the Sunflower State as soon as the regulatory framework is finalized.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.2.22 – House Speaker Questions ‘Purpose’ Of Senate MA Sports Betting Bill
- Recent comments suggest the House does not plan to budge much on its contested MA sports betting proposal. House Speaker Ron Mariano cannot figure out the “purpose” of the Senate bill passed in late April, he told reporters after he spoke at the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce on May 26. The two pieces of sports betting legislation are in a conference committee to try to work out differences. The legislature has until July 31 to legalize MA sports betting this year.
- Play NY, 6.3.22 – New York Online Sports Betting Handle Is Less Than $300 Million — Again
- This decline seems like a trend for online sportsbooks in New York. However, it’s not necessarily a surprise given where we are in the annual sports betting calendar, post-Super Bowl and March Madness. As previously mentioned, there may not be a significant increase until the start of the NFL season.
- Sports Handle, 6.3.22 – North Carolina Mobile Wagering Bill Yet To Be Discussed By House
- North Carolina stakeholders shared optimism prior to the start of the 2022 legislative session about the possible passage of a sports betting bill. That bill has yet to be discussed in the House, however, despite the legislative session beginning a couple weeks ago.
- Play Ohio, 6.2.22 – Women Will Be A Huge Part Of Ohio Sports Betting Market
- When legal sports betting in Ohio launches later this year, the state’s nearly 12 million residents will be able to place bets in their home state for the first time. According to new research, women will make up a considerable slice of the market after sports betting in Ohio launches on Jan. 1, 2023.