iDEA Growth in the News:
- Bloomberg, 3.1.22: The Metaverse Finally Has a Killer App: Poker (Jeff Ifrah quoted)
- One of the buzziest metaverses today is Decentraland.
- Washington Examiner, 2.28.22: Addabbo Files Bill To Legalize Online Casinos In New York (John Pappas quoted)
- A state senator wants to make New York the eighth state in the U.S. to legalize online casino gaming, also known as iGaming.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 2.28.22: Can Rise Of Legal Sports Betting Rescue Major League Baseball?
- Heard much about pace of play during baseball’s collective bargaining negotiations?
Overall Industry News:
- US Gaming Review, 2.24.22: DOJ Files Motion Asking Court to Dismiss IGT’s Wire Act Lawsuit
- The Department of Justice (DOJ) asked a district court judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by IGT over the department’s stance on the federal Wire Act, arguing that the company has failed to prove that it faces a credible threat of prosecution.
- Play NY, 2.28.22: As New York Online Sports Betting Passes $2 Billion Handle, Sen. Addabbo Talks Potential Expansion
- New York has already gone over $1 billion in online sports betting handle — twice.
- Manistee News Advocate, 2.28.22: Bill Unveiled To Legalize Sports Betting In Kentucky
- Supporters of legalizing sports betting in Kentucky are taking another swing at passing the proposal — this time teaming it with a package of gambling-related measures.
- FOX 19, 2.28.22: Ky. Representative Unveils Several Bills Related To Sports Betting
- There is renewed debate Monday of legalizing sports betting in Kentucky after a series of related bills were filed in Frankfort.
- Sports Handle, 2.28.22: Missouri House Committee Delays Vote On Sports Betting Bills
- Missouri’s Select Committee on Public Policy declined Monday to discuss or vote on a pair of sports betting bills backed by casinos and professional sports teams.
- SBC, 3.1.22: Nevada Continues $1bn Monthly Gaming Revenue Streak In January 2022
- Nevada has declared gaming revenue of over $1bn for January 2022, marking the 11th consecutive month the Silver State’s operators have surpassed the billion dollar mark in revenue.
- Play CA, 2.28.22: Hawaii Begins To Consider Legalized Casino Betting
- Beautiful resorts and cruises, beaches, hikes, a deep and fascinating state history – Hawaii seems to have it all. And it’s a short flight from just about anywhere in California. But what Hawaii doesn’t have, surprisingly, is legalized gambling.