iDEA Growth News:
- 3.25.21 – iDEA Growth Rounds Out Membership to 30 as Online Gaming Industry Flourishes
- iDEA Growth, the leading trade association and voice of the online gaming and sports betting industry in the United States, is pleased to announce that it has grown its esteemed membership to 30 companies.
Overall Industry News:
- Chicago Sun Times, 3.23.21 – Software lets compulsive gamblers block themselves from betting sites
- Some sports betting companies are offering tools that allow compulsive gamblers to block themselves from most online sites.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.24.21 – Connecticut Finally On Legislative Road To Legal Sports Betting … Maybe By NFL Season
- After more than three years of conversation and countless hours of hearings, Connecticut’s Joint Public Safety and Security Committee finally moved a package of bills that support and complement Gov. Ned Lamont’s HB 6451, the key bill that represents the state’s gaming compact agreement with the Mashantucket Pequot and Mohegan tribes that was announced last week.
- Rome News Tribune, 3.24.21 – Online sports betting clears another hurdle in General Assembly
- The state House of Representatives’ Economic Development & Tourism Committee voted 14-6 Tuesday in favor of a constitutional amendment asking Georgia voters whether to legalize sports betting.
- Play USA, 3.24.21 – FLORIDA GOVERNOR’S CLAIM BELIES COMPLICATED SPORTS BETTING BID IN STATE
- It’s that time again in Florida, and it’s as predictable as hurricane season. It’s the annual parsing of how sports betting in Florida could become a legal reality. It arrived, Cat 5, last week with seemingly hopeful words from Gov. Ron DeSantis.
- Sports Handle, 3.24.21 – Nevada Congresswoman Resumes Push To Repeal Excise Tax On Sports Betting
- On Tuesday, Rep. Dina Titus (D–Nev.) resumed her push to repeal the tax during a challenging period when casinos nationwide have lost millions in revenue and eliminated thousands of positions due to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions. Titus urged Congress to eliminate the 0.25% tax on state handle during a presentation before the U.S. House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee Tuesday.
- TN Bets, 3.24.21 – Head Of Sports Wagering In Tennessee Resigns
- According to the Tennessee Star, Danielle Boyd, the lottery’s Vice President of Sports Gaming Operations, resigned last Thursday. According to an earlier statement by the lottery’s Communications Director Dave Smith, Boyd “gave notice on the 16th for another opportunity, and her last day is the (March) 31st.”