iDEA Growth Member News
- Bloomberg, 3.4.21 – A Drive To Get More Women And Millennials Gambling
- Entain Plc wants to get more women gambling by pushing beyond traditional sports betting into more varied forms of entertainment, said its new Chief Executive Officer Jette Nygaard-Andersen.
- PlayPennsylvania, 3.3.21 – Bettor Safe Educates Pennsylvanians On Sportsbook Regulation (GeoComply)
- Pennsylvania is home to 12 regulated online sportsbooks. However, 75% of Pennsylvanians in a recent survey could not differentiate legal and illegal betting sites.
- PlayNJ, 3.3.21 – ‘Bettor Safe’ Launches New Campaign In NJ, PA About Legal Online Gambling (GeoComply)
- The explosive growth and acceptance of online gambling in the U.S. introduced countless new customers to casino games and sports betting.
- Quartz, 3.3.21 – Live Sports Betting Is Coming To Your TV Screen (DraftKings)
- Promoting sports betting on TV used to be taboo. Now, some Americans can make bets directly from their TV sets while watching a game.
- iGB North America, 3.4.21 – DraftKings Named UFC’s First Sportsbook And Daily Fantasy Partner
- DraftKings has hailed a “groundbreaking” agreement with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) that sees it become the mixed martial arts competition’s official sportsbook and daily fantasy partner.
- SBC Americas, 3.4.21 – Amy Howe Takes On New President Role At FanDuel Group
- Amy Howe has been unveiled as the President of FanDuel Group where, in the newly created role, she will lead the company’s core commercial functions across its sportsbook, casino, racing and daily fantasy units.
- SBC Americas, 3.4.21 – Sportradar Acquires Fresh Eight To Strengthen Digital Marketing Platform
- Sports betting and entertainment product and services provider Sportradar has acquired Fresh Eight Ltd, an operator of a personalized messaging platform in the global betting and gaming marketplace, through Sportradar Management Ltd.
- PlayUSA, 3.3.21 – PlayUSA Rewind: Massachusetts Lawmakers Want Small Businesses Included In Betting Talks
- Several states, including Massachusetts, Maryland, and Wyoming, are in the thick of discussing sports betting bills. On the casino front, Churchill Downs plans to sell a property in Illinois, and top operators compete for a casino license in Virginia.
- Sports Handle, 3.3.21 – Things Turn Bitter In Fight For Connecticut Sports Betting, iGaming Legalization
- Things are getting real nasty on the Connecticut sports betting front.
- Connecticut Post, 3.3.21 – All Sides Agree Foxwoods Must Be Part Of State’s Gaming Deal
- A day after the governor and the Mohegan Tribal Nation reached an apparent deal on sports and online gaming, it became clear Wednesday that the agreement isn’t going anywhere without the Mashantucket Pequots.
- The Hartford Courant, 3.3.21 – Long-Sought Deal For Online Gambling And Sports Betting In Connecticut Mired In Dispute Over Revenue Sharing
- Legislative allies of the Native American tribes that operate Connecticut’s two casinos said Wednesday Gov. Ned Lamont should resume negotiations to win agreement from the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation to bring online gambling to the state.
- Penn Bets, 3.3.21 – State Gaming Board Seat Is Apparently A Plum Post, Whatever Your Qualifications
- Recent media coverage has highlighted how positions on the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board are among the most coveted political appointments in Harrisburg, without any real background in casino industry issues expected of those getting the post.
- QNS, 3.3.21 – Queens Lawmaker Highlights Anti-Addiction Measures In Sports Betting Bill
- As New York inches closer to legalizing mobile sports betting as a means to close its massive $14 billion budget deficit, state Senator Joseph Addabbo is highlighting the importance of identifying and helping those who may suffer from problem gambling.
- WFXR, 3.3.21 – Virginia Lottery Helps Raise Awareness For National Problem Gambling Awareness Month
- Since March serves as National Problem Gambling Awareness Month, the Virginia Lottery and the Virginia Council on Problem Gambling (VACPG) decided to team up to help raise awareness through a public service announcement (PSA) encouraging responsible play.
- Sports Handle, 3.4.21 – Intralot To Would-Be Ohio Sports Bettors: This Is A ‘State’s Game’
- Intralot came to Ohio Wednesday afternoon, and would-be Ohio sports bettors better hope they don’t come back.
- PlayOhio, 3.3.21 – Not If But When: Gov. Mike DeWine Says Legal Sports Betting ‘Inevitable’ In Ohio
- There appears to be no more question as to if Ohio legalized sports betting. If recent comments from Gov. Mike DeWine are any indication, it’s only a matter of when.
- Online Poker Report, 3.3.21 – Missouri Emerges As A Dark Horse Candidate For Online Gambling Legalization In 2021
- Missouri has been eyeing the possibility of legalizing sports betting since the start of the year. Now, online casinos and poker are on the table as well.
- The Action Network, 3.3.21 – Nebraska Online Sports Betting Unlikely As Retail-Only Bill Advances
- Legal Nebraska online sportsbooks are likely years away (if ever). Retail betting, which seemed like an impossibility a year ago, now seems likely.
- PlayUSA, 3.3.21 – FL Sports Betting Bolstered By Bill That Includes Seminoles, Race Tracks
- Beginning on Tuesday, March 2, the Florida Legislature commenced its succinct annual session with budgetary matters – specifically a $2.5 billion shortfall – key among pressing issues
- Arizona Sports, 3.3.21 – Sports Gambling In Arizona Moves Closer To Reality
- In the near future, the Arizona sports fan’s experience could include the ability to place bets inside sports venues while the action unfolds.
- SBC Americas, 3.4.21 – IGT Eyes Nevada Expansion As Playsports Gains State Regulatory Approval
- International Game Technology PLC (IGT) has confirmed this week that it is now positioned to expand its sports betting enterprise in Nevada having recently achieved Nevada regulatory approval for its PlaySports platform for retail and online sports betting.