iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 5.7.21: Can DraftKings Succeed Where Others Have Struggled With Social Betting?
- Will DraftKings be the sportsbook that finally creates a robust social platform around sports betting? The company announced during its Q1 earnings call plans to roll out social functionality across sportsbook and DFS products in the coming weeks.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 5.10.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: Ohio Senate Unveils Sports Betting Bill
- Top sports betting news: Ohio Senate drops proposed bill, DraftKings continues to spend big, Phoenix will get nearby stadium sportsbooks, Louisiana rep works on bill passage, Virginia breaks $300 million in sports betting handle.
- Online Poker Report, 5.7.21: FanDuel Becomes Fourth Online Casino In Tiny West Virginia Market
- FanDuel has the largest share of the US iGaming and online sports betting market, at 31%. That may grow even further, now that its casino vertical is active in all four states with full private sector online gambling markets.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.7.21: Changes Already Coming To Ohio Sports Betting Bill Unveiled Yesterday
- The Senate proposal to legalize sports betting in Ohio only dropped Thursday but there are already changes in the works.
- Daytona Daily News, 5.8.21: Local Senator Behind New Push To Legalize Sports Gambling In Ohio
- Local state Senator Niraj Antani, R- Miamisburg is also a co-sponsor of the bill and said that it’s a free-market approach to sports gambling in Ohio.
- IGB, 5.7.21: Iowa Records Sports Wagering Handle Decrease For April
- Iowa posted sports wagering handle figures of $118.4m for April 2021, representing a 7438.9% increase from April 2020 when almost all major sporting events were suspended, but a decline from the previous month.
- Play IA, 5.7.21: Iowa Sports Betting Revenue Crosses $100 Million Milestone In Time For Second Anniversary
- Sports betting in Iowa has officially generated $101.1 million in revenue since the first bets were allowed in August 2019, according to the sports wagering report released Friday by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC).
- Sports Handle, 5.7.21: Iowa Sports Betting Handle Plunges To $118.4M In April
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission reported a sports betting handle of nearly $118.4 million for April, marking the largest single month-to-month drop in terms of dollars since sports wagering became legal in the Hawkeye State in August 2019.
- SBC, 5.10.21: Alabama Casino And Lottery Proposals Rejected As Support For Change Falters In House of Representatives
- The prospect of an Alabama lottery is in doubt as proponents of new lottery and casino legislation failed to gather enough support in the state’s House of Representatives late last week.
- US Bets, 5.7.21: Did Donald Trump Jr. Just Kill Alabama Online Sports Betting Legislation?
- Alabama was about as close as its ever been to passing a major gambling expansion package, but efforts stalled late Thursday near the tail end of the legislation session. Online sports betting, which was included in the package, looks to be off the table indefinitely.
- Austin-American Statesman, 5.9.21: Bills To Legalize Casino Gambling, Sports Betting Stall In Texas Legislature
- Hopes that lawmakers would give voters the choice to legalize gambling in Texas just aren’t in the cards this year.