iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 5.10.21: PointsBet Agrees To Acquire ADW Operator Premier Turf Club for $2.9m
- Gambling operator PointsBet has brokered an agreement to purchase pari-mutuel advance deposit wagering (ADW) operator Premier Turf Club for $2.9m.
- SBC, 5.11.21: PointsBet Agrees Acquisition of Premier Turf Club to Enter US Horse Racing Market
- PointsBet USA Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of PointsBet Holdings Ltd, has agreed in principle to acquire Premier Turf Club LLC, an Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) company licensed by the Oregon Racing Commission.
- Online Poker Report, 5.10.21: Three’s A Crowd For Michigan And Pennsylvania Online Poker As WSOP Prepares Its Long-Awaited Expansion [888 mentioned]
- In a first quarter trading update for investors, 888 CEO Itai Pazner said that the company would soon launch online poker in Michigan and Pennsylvania.
- Sports Handle, 5.10.21: Wyoming Proposed Sports Betting Regs Stick To Law, Allow Crypto, Prohibit Proxies
- Given a Sept. 1 deadline to get rules approved for its new digital-only sports betting law, the Wyoming Gaming Commission released its first phase of proposed rules and at 9 a.m. Tuesday will hold a virtual stakeholder session to get input.
- Play WV, 5.10.21: West Virginia Online Casino Revenue Dips Slightly In April Before Help Arrives
- It wasn’t the best month for West Virginia online casinos. After seeing revenue growth in every month since debuting last July, figures actually decreased in April.
- Play MI, 5.11.21: Michigan Sports Betting Handle Passes $1 Billion After Detroit April Revenue Release
- The Michigan sports betting market is now officially a billion-dollar industry.
- IGB, 5.10.21: Illinois Betting Handle Smashes Records Again In March
- Sports wagering revenue in Illinois grew 25.1% month-on-month to $44.3m in March, while handle hit a record high of $627.6m, up 23.1%.
- SBC, 5.11.21: Illinois Sportsbooks Hit $633m in March But Fears Linger Over Return Of In-person Registration
- March proved to be a record month for Illinois sportsbooks, easily reaching $600m in monthly wagering for the first time and again surpassing Pennsylvania.
- Play Illinois, 5.10.21: Illinois Sets All-Time Betting Record For March, The Last Month Of Online Registration
- Illinois recorded a $633.6 million sports betting handle in March, setting an all-time record, according to the Illinois Gaming Board report released Monday.
- Sports Handle, 5.10.21: Illinois Posts Record $633.6M For Sports Betting Handle In March
- The Illinois Gaming Board released its revenue report for March, and aided by the entry of Barstool Sportsbook and the NCAA tournament, bettors delivered a record traditional handle of more than $633.6 million.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.10.21: Illinois Sports Betting Hit Record Handle In Last Month Of Remote Signups
- Total handle hit $633.6 million in March, which was a perfect storm for IL sportsbooks. Naturally, March Madness gave a big lift to the basketball-crazed state, even with a betting ban on in-state colleges.
- Play Ohio, 5.10.21: Key Lawmaker Clarifies Ohio Online Sportsbooks Get Unlimited Skins, Need Local Ties
- Sen. Kirk Schuring, chairman of the Ohio Senate Select Committee on Gaming, tells PlayOhio that his coming substitute bill will clarify that Type A mobile sports betting licensees can offer as many online skins as they want.
- IGB, 5.11.21: Colorado Sports Wagers Reach $2.34bn In First Year Of Regulation
- Consumers in Colorado wagered a total of $2.34bn on sports during the first year of legal wagering in the state, while gross gaming revenue in the 12-month period amounted to $148.1m.
- Canon City Daily Record, 5.10.21: Colorado Wagers Over $2.3 Billion In First Year of Legalized Sports Gambling
- Coloradans wagered more than $2.3 billion on sports between May 1, 2020, and April 30, 2021, according to an unaudited report from the state’s department of revenue.