iDEA Growth Member News:
- US Bets, 5.13.21: Online Sportsbook Operators Bet Big On Local TV Ads In First Quarter of 2021 [FanDuel and DraftKings mentioned]
- The recent surge in such marketing places online gambling 11th for its local TV spending from among hundreds of different product categories that are analyzed by Nielsen. The ads by FanDuel, DraftKings, and their peers total 2% of local TV ad dollars. (Legal services represent the top category, at 7%.)
- Play Tenn, 5.12.21: DraftKings Celebrates Sports Betting Legalization With ‘Free To Bet Day’
- Three years ago this Friday, the US Supreme Court repealed a bill called PASPA, effectively permitting US states to offer sports betting. In honor of the big day, DraftKings Tennessee is hosting its third annual “Free To Bet Day” and gifting bettors a free wager.
- Play IA, 5.12.21: Celebrate Legal Sports Betting With DraftKings’ ‘Free To Bet Day’ Promo
- The world of sports betting changed three years ago, and DraftKings wants to mark the occasion with a special offer.
- IGB, 5.12.21: Indiana Betting Revenue And Handle Rocket YoY But Down From March
- The sports betting market in Indiana saw handle come to $236.4m in April, a 25% decrease from March, but a 798.7% increase compared to the low handle in April 2020 due to the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- SBC, 5.13.21: Indiana Sportsbooks Experience Decline For Second Month As April Wagers Slow Down
- Indiana’s sports betting industry experienced another month-on-month decline in April, as wagering dropped to its lowest level since October 2020. The expected drop is, however, indicative of the beginning of a typical sports betting slowdown period that will likely last until the beginning of football season, according to PlayIndiana.
- Play Indiana, 5.12.21: Indiana’s 2021 Sports Betting Handle Surpasses $1 Billion In Four Months
- Indiana’s sports betting handle took a step back in April. Hoosiers wagered $236 million on sports throughout the month, which was noticeably lower than March’s $316 million haul.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.13.21: Indiana Sports Betting Suffers March Madness Hangover
- Indiana sports betting took a big dip in April with a March Madness hangover.
- IGB, 5.12.21: Louisiana House Passes Betting Tax Bill, Cuts Lottery Into Market
- A bill setting out tax rates, license fees and other requirements for sports wagering in Louisiana – and allows the lottery to take part in the market – has been passed by the state House of Representatives and will now advance to the Senate.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.13.21: Ohio Sports Betting Bill Sees Multiple Changes At Introduction
- The Senate co-sponsors of the proposed Ohio sports betting legislation introduced the bill Wednesday with a few changes.
- Sports Handle, 5.12.21: Latest Version Of Ohio Sports Betting Bill Would Allow Non-Casinos To Pursue Licenses
- State Sen. Nathan Manning, vice-chair of the committee and co-sponsor of the bill, spoke in front of the committee to explain the changes, most of which dealt with the two types of licenses the Ohio Casino Control Commission will be doling out.
- Play USA, 5.12.21: PlayUSA Rewind: First Ohio Sports Betting Bill Makes The Rounds In Columbus
- This week, an Ohio sports betting bill finally arrives, another Arizona pro-sports team prepares to build a sportsbook, and Texas shelves sports betting discussions for the year.
- Play Penn, 5.13.21: Could Ohio’s Sports Betting Law Bring More Wagering Options to Pennsylvania?
- Many people expect that Ohio’s legislation will eventually lead to some sportsbook locations at stadiums and arenas within the state. As more neighboring states move in that direction, it’s possible Pennsylvania and others could follow suit.
- SBC, 5.13.21: Poll Indicates By 3:1 That Floridians Favor New Gaming Compact
- A new poll commissioned by the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA), in cooperation with the Seminole Tribe of Florida, shows that likely Florida voters overwhelmingly support a proposed new gaming compact by more than three to one.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.12.21: TN Sports Betting Advisory Council Preparing For Unexpected New Duties
- Members from the TEL and the Sports Wagering Advisory Council agreed they should move forward with the expectation the council will be the regulating authority on sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.13.21: Did TN Sports Betting Regulator Approve Resolution To Action Lawsuit?
- The Tennessee Education Lottery‘s Board of Directors meeting eventually moved into the topics from its executive session earlier that day. That included a meeting with TEL outside counsel on “pending litigation,” per chairwoman Susan Lanigan
- IGB, 5.12.21: New Senate Bill Calls For Report Into Potential Illinois Online Casino Revenue
- A bill calling for a report into the estimated revenue generated from legal online casino gaming within Illinois has been filed to the state’s Senate.