iDEA Growth in the News:
- Fox Business, 5.19.20 – Gamblers Drive Hours And Wait In Lines, As Casinos Reopen Amid Coronavirus (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- Casinos in Louisiana and Mississippi are reopening this week, offering a glimpse of how the mostly closed industry might recover in a socially distanced world.
- Penn Bets, 5.19.20 – Still-Young PA Online Casino Industry Trails New Jersey’s, But The Gap Is Narrowing (J. Ifrah mentioned as iDEA Growth founder)
- Pennsylvania’s gaming operators entered the world of online casino games six years later than counterparts in New Jersey and had a lot of catching up to do.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 5.19.20 – Colorado Sports Betting Market Adds World’s Largest Sportsbook Operator
- The world’s largest online sportsbook operator, bet365, is heading to the Colorado sports betting market.
- iGB North America, 5.20.20 – Century Partners bet365 For Online Sports Betting In Colorado
- US casino operator Century Casinos has agreed a deal for online gambling giant bet365 to become its online sports betting partner in the state of Colorado.
- Online Poker Report, 5.19.20 – Golden Nugget Expands Deal With Evolution, Adds ‘Show-Style’ Live Dealer Games In NJ
- Golden Nugget is ready to roll out a range of new live dealer online casino games in New Jersey under an expanded partnership with European provider Evolution Gaming.
- PlayNJ, 5.19.20 – Golden Nugget Upgrades Its Live Casino Library With Expanded Evolution Deal
- Golden Nugget online casino is expanding its live dealer offerings.
- New York Post, 5.19.20 – Return Of Live Sports Brings Bad Betting Beat, UFC Drama
- The bettors were back in action Saturday and Sunday with a UFC card, golf, NASCAR and Bundesliga soccer forming the first real multi-sport weekend in two months.
- WSN, 5.19.20 – Sportsbooks Report Largest Handle In Gambling History After UFC Events
- The UFC’s first event back generated handle that sets records for many major sportsbooks.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 5.20.20 – Back In Business: US Casinos Reopen In Greater Numbers
- Roughly 10% of the nation’s casinos are now back in business, with more reopening their doors every day.
- PlayUSA, 5.19.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Casinos Are Slowly Reopening Across The US
- A number of states across the country have authorized select businesses to resume operations. For some, that includes the reopening of brick-and-mortar casinos, which, for the most part, have had their doors closed since March.
Sports League News:
- US Bets, 5.19.20 – MLB’s 2020 Proposal Could Reshape Betting Landscape
- The latest proposal for the upcoming MLB season would completely overhaul the betting landscape, from restructured scheduling affecting win totals to an expanded playoff field shifting postseason odds.
- Yahoo! Sports, 5.20.20 – NASCAR And IMG Arena Announce Global Sports Betting Initiatives
- NASCAR and IMG ARENA, a leading sports betting service and content hub, announced today that IMG ARENA has licensed official assets to create a virtual sports betting game that replicates some of NASCAR‘s most iconic tracks.
- NY Daily News, 5.19.20 – The 2020 Poker Boom: With Sports Gone, Pennsylvanians Turn To Online Gaming
- On Monday, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board released April revenue numbers for the state. As expected, revenue for anything related to sports — sports betting and fantasy contests — was way down.
- WEEI, 5.19.20 – Sununu On GHS: South Korean, Russian Table Tennis Huge For NH Gamblers
- Judging by Gov. Chris Sununu’s appearance on The Greg Hill Show Tuesday there should be optimism regarding one of New Hampshire’s biggest sporting events still taking place this summer.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.20.20 – Is Sports Betting The ‘Camel’s Nose Under The Tent’ For iGaming In Maryland? (subscription paywall)
- A persistent theme in the gaming industry since the outbreak of coronavirus is the potential for sports betting to rouse the sleeping giant of internet gambling in the United States, with Maryland looking to be the perfect test case.
- Gambling.Com, 5.19.20 – Michigan Gaming Making Moves As Reopening Progresses
- The Michigan gaming market is beginning to take shape after being shut down in mid-March.
- PlayMichigan, 5.19.20 – Second Upper Peninsula Casino Reopening Friday In March
- A second Michigan casino will reopen Friday morning in the Upper Peninsula.
- Associated Press, 5.19.20 – Louisiana Sports Betting Bill Near Final Legislative Passage
- A bid to help legalize sports betting in Louisiana is steps from final legislative passage, though the wagering still would be a year or more away.
- Sports Handle, 5.19.20 – Sports Betting Referendum Bills Head To Louisiana House Floor
- Legal sports wagering continued its march through the Bayou Tuesday with little fanfare and a “favorable” report.
- PlayColorado, 5.19.20 – Fox Bet Sports Betting App Officially Launches In Colorado
- Colorado sports bettors have a new toy at their disposal thanks to the launch of Fox Bet.
- SBC Americas, 5.20.20 – IGT To Power Sports Betting At Wild Care Saloon And Sasquatch Casino
- International Game Technology’s (IGT) PlaySports platform has been chosen to power retail and mobile sports betting at Wild Card Saloon and Sasquatch Casino in Black Hawk, Colorado.
- PlayNevada, 5.19.20 – Questions To Think About As Nevada Casinos Plan Reopening
- What is it going to be like returning to casinos? This is something to ponder while looking forward to the next phase of this global pandemic.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.20.20 – Tribal Casinos Reopen In Washington State With Coronavirus Protections (subscription paywall)
- More tribal casinos are opening in Washington state with precautions they have put in place to protect employees and customers from being exposed to coronavirus, even as the governor believes the state is a long way from getting back to normal economic activity.