Industry News of the Day for May 3, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 5.3.22: Analysis: New Sportradar Report Chronicles Match-Fixing In 2021
- One of the goals of regulating markets is to shine a light on corruption and the sports betting market is no different.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 5.3.22: NCAA Tweaks Outlook On Sports Betting, But Potential Problems Loom
- Can conferences sell data to sports betting partners without players being compensated?
- Sports Handle, 5.2.22: What’s On Tap: Kentucky Derby, NBA Conference Semis, And NHL Playoffs Begin
- Panthers, Avalanche favored to reach Stanley Cup Finals; Epicenter top choice in Kentucky Derby
- Legal Sports Report, 5.2.22: Legal Maine Sports Betting Coming As Mills Signs Bill
- It seemed like legal sports betting in Maine might be a long shot after Gov. Janet Mills vetoed a bill in early 2020.
- Sports Handle, 5.2.22: It’s Official! Maine First State To Legalize Wagering In 2022
- Maine Gov. Janet Mills on Monday signed into law LD 585, the bill that would give digital sports betting to the state’s four tribes.
- Press Herald, 5.2.22: Mills signs law legalizing sports betting; tribes get exclusive rights to online wagering
- The law also reduces the tax burden on Maine’s indigenous communities and creates a new collaboration process between the tribes and the state.
- News Center Maine, 5.2.22: Mills signs bill giving tribes control of mobile sports betting in Maine
- Democratic Gov. Janet Mills on Monday signed into law a bill that gives control of mobile sports betting to Native American tribes in Maine while cutting some taxes and creating a framework for greater collaboration.
- Maine Public, 5.2.22: Bill allowing tribes to offer online sports betting becomes law
- Janet Mills signed into law on Monday a bill that adds Maine to the list of states that have legalized sports gambling and that gives Wabanaki tribes exclusive access to the booming online betting market.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.2.22: Ohio Sports Betting Applications Go Up For Public Comment
- Hopeful Ohio sports betting licensees now have the chance to give input on two draft applications before they are finalized.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.2.22: Florida Seminoles Stop Making Gaming Payments To State
- Tribe claims that 2021 compact has been violated as its validity makes its way through court