iDEA Growth in the News:
- Toledo Blade, 5.30.19 – Lawmakers Edging To Get A Handle On Sports Betting Bills (J. Pappas as iDEA spokesperson quoted)
- Lawmakers are doubling-down on their efforts to bring legal sports gambling to Ohio as they move multiple bills to legalize the activity through the General Assembly.
- Sports Handle, 5.31.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: IL Down To Wire, CO, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large. You may have missed them, and they are worth reading.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.30.19 – Rounding Third And Heading Home, It’s NH Sports Betting
- After returning to third to tag the base, sports betting legislation finally is on the way to home plate in New Hampshire. The Senate once again voted to approve NH sports betting Thursday, and this time the bill is headed back to the House for one last concurrence.
- Chicago Sun Times, 5.30.19 – Chicago Mega-Casino In The Cards? Gambling Bill Could Add Casinos, Video Gaming Across State
- Chicago would get a new mega-casino with the proceeds earmarked to pay for police and fire pensions under a mammoth gambling expansion deal in the final stages of negotiation, a key legislator said Thursday.
- The Oregonian, 5.30.19 – Oregon Lottery Says It Will Launch Full Mobile Sports Wagering Book For NFL Season
- Matthew Shelby a spokesperson with the Oregon Lottery joined me on the radio show on Thursday to talk about the planned return for sports wagering during the upcoming NFL season.
- Indianapolis Business Journal, 5.30.19 – Sports Betting Launch In Indiana Could Be Delayed
- Hoosiers may have wait a little longer than expected to legally bet on sports. Indiana Gaming Commission Executive Director Sara Gonso Tait said Thursday that state regulators might not be ready by Sept. 1 to allow sports betting, even though a law approved earlier this year makes it legal beginning on that date.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.30.19 – It’s Up To You, New York: Sports Betting Bills Walking Perilous Path
- It’s now or never for an effort to authorize mobile NY sports betting in the Empire State. Assemblyman Gary Pretlow pushed his bill through his own committee this week, sending it down a treacherous path. The committee on Racing and Wagering voted 8-3 Wednesday to advance A 6113 to the next checkpoint in Codes.
- Gambling Compliance (subscription), 5.31.19 – Justice Department’s Defense Of Wire Act Lawsuit Frustrates Online Gaming Foes
- With a federal judge’s ruling expected any day now, attorneys representing opponents of internet gambling are trying to intervene in a New Hampshire lawsuit by claiming the U.S. Department of Justice is not doing enough to advocate their point of view.