iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 11.1.21: Greg Kirstein, Paysafe: Putting The Pay Into Play
- Greg Kirstein, VP of Business Development for iGaming at Paysafe, speaks to SBC Americas about the growth of online gaming in North America and why they are optimistic about the new opportunities in the U.S. and Canadian markets.
- SBC, 11.1.21: Kambi Signs Sportsbook Partnership With Desert Diamond Casinos In Arizona
- Kambi Group plc has signed a long-term partnership to provide its online and on-property sportsbook to the Tohono O’odham Nation’s Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment in the state of Arizona.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.1.21: Analysis: Are Sportsbook Suppliers Being Squeezed Out Of US Sports Betting?
- The US sports betting market has not been kind recently to top-tier sportsbook suppliers.
- Sports Handle, 11.1.21: What’s On Tap: World Series, Breeders’ Cup, And Rams-Titans On SNF
- Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.21: Get A Grip —The Week In Sports Betting: Eyes On New York, DraftKings Drops Entain Bid, Louisiana, Ohio, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Play CA, 10.29.21: Tribal Coalitions In California Speak Out Against Sportsbook Operator Initiative
- Native American tribes in California are no longer taking a wait-and-see approach to the online sports betting initiative backed by sportsbook operators.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.21: California Tribes Come Out Against Mobile Referendum Proposals
- On Friday, a coalition of 43 California tribes offered up the latest volley in what is shaping up to be a major political conflict over the future of sports betting in the Golden State.
- Play WV, 10.31.21: West Virginia Sports Betting Figures Soar As Handle Reaches Over $45 Million
- September was an incredible bounce-back month for West Virginia sportsbooks. After hitting a lull for a while, they generated more than $45 million in overall handle during the four-week period.
- Sports Handle, 11.1.21: Missouri’s Pro Teams Want To Send Sports Betting Decision To Voters
- A Missouri lawyer last week filed nine ballot initiative petitions that would legalize sports betting with the secretary of state’s office.
- St. Louis Today, 10.30.21: Cardinals, Blues, Royals And St. Louis City SC Behind Sports Betting Push
- With Missouri lawmakers unable to find common ground on a significant expansion of gambling in recent years, four of the state’s professional sports teams are attempting to go straight to the voters to legalize betting on their games and others.
- Play OH, 10.29.21: Ohio Lawmakers Offer No Halloween Treat For Sports Betting Fans
- Ohio Rep. Bill Seitz said he would turn into a pumpkin if the legislature didn’t complete sports betting legislation by Halloween.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.1.21: Could Ohio Sports Betting Bill Finally See Action This Week?
- It seemed like sports betting in Ohio was almost figured out around this time last year. Late changes and failed negotiations turned it into an issue for this year, though.
- Play TN, 10.29.21: Tennessee’s First Sportsbooks Gain Conditional Approval For Second Year
- One year after Tennessee sports betting launched, the state’s first sportsbooks and suppliers are up for license renewals.
- Play USA, 10.31.21: Retail Sports Betting In Louisiana Has Launched: Here’s What We Know
- Retail sports betting began in Louisiana one day earlier than expected, at 8 a.m. CST Oct. 31 at Harrah’s New Orleans and Horseshoe Bossier City Hotel & Casino.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.29.21: Louisiana Sports Betting Cleared For Sunday Launch
- Louisiana sports betting is on its way with the first commercial casinos in the state receiving their licenses.
- Play CO, 10.29.21: Start Of NFL Season Brings Record Month Of Sports Betting In Colorado
- Colorado is the latest evidence that the NFL drives sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.29.21: Expected Jump Helps Colorado Sports Betting Hit Record
- Colorado sports betting handle cracked $400 million for the first time in September.
- SBC, 11.1.21: Colorado Sportsbooks Achieve Record $408m In September Wagers
- Colorado’s sportsbooks achieved a record $408m in September wagers, according to PlayColorado, which tracks the state’s regulated sports betting market, thanks to a great start by the Denver Broncos to the NFL season and a full month of college football.