iDEA Growth Member News
- Legal Sports Report: How Will DraftKings Stock Respond To Friday Earnings Call?
- DraftKings (DKNG) stock is lapping 52-week highs right now, with the current rolling year high standing at the $49.02 close from last Nov. 1. The stock has dropped substantially since then, hitting a low of $10.72 on June 16, and has failed to gain much positive momentum since then. The DKNG earnings call kicks off at 8:30 am EDT Friday.
- Gaming Today: Sporttrade Could Become Sports Prediction and Analysis Tool
- Sporttrade is the first sports trading platform in the United States. New Jersey bettors can trade sports wagers in real time like contracts, using financial trading strategies rather than hacks to try to beat oddsmakers. Sporttrade’s unique live betting capabilities also offer the potential for a sports prediction and analysis tool.
- iGB: H2 Ups 2023 Global Gambling Revenue Forecast To $483bn
- Global industry data consultancy H2 Gambling Capital has predicted that total gambling revenue for 2023 will be approximately $483bn (£481.83bn/€486.21bn), raising its last prediction by $1bn.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal: Tilman Fertitta Acquires Big Wynn Resorts Stake
- Tilman Fertitta has acquired a big ownership stake in Wynn Resorts Ltd., giving him an immediate foothold in the Las Vegas Strip’s casino industry as the billionaire sets out to build a towering resort on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- PlayIndiana: Indiana Casinos Surpass $200 Million Revenue In September
- September marked the seventh month in which Indiana casinos surpassed $200 million in revenue in 2022. It was a slight decrease from last month and also September of 2021.
- PlayMA: Tribal Casino Projects In Massachusetts Remain In Limbo After Years Of Legal Battles
- There are over 500 tribal casinos across the United States, but not one of them is in Massachusetts. But that’s not because the state’s two federally-recognized Native American tribes haven’t tried to bring tribal gaming to the state.
- Vegas Inc.: Return Of International Travelers Helps Push Las Vegas Visitation Back Near Pre-Pandemic Levels
- In August, close to 3.2 million people visited Las Vegas, up 6% from the same month in 2021 but down 11% from August 2019. The barometer for the ongoing tourism comeback is 2019, because that was the last full year with no coronavirus-related disruption for visitation.
- PlayOhio: Bowling Green Professor Publishes Findings Of National Problem Gambling Study
- In 2021, the International Center for Responsible Gaming announced a $400,000 grant to Ohio’s Bowling Green State University to study sports betting behaviors and the risk factors that lead to gambling problems. Funding for the grant was supported by the American Gaming Association, MGM Resorts International, DraftKings, NASCAR, the PGA and others.
- PlayPennsylvania: Responsible Gambling Attitudes Shifting With Pennsylvania Self-Exclusions On Record Pace
- One resource available to help PA gamblers stop themselves from irresponsible gambling is the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) self-exclusion list. The PGCB also offers signs of problem gambling and directions to get help. It released its annual report and the numbers for self-exclusions have been increasing over the years, expecting to break a record for 2022.