iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 11.9.20 – Martin Lycka Takes On New Role To Lead GVC’s US Regulatory Affairs
- GVC Holdings continues to restructure its global senior management team, confirming this week the promotion of Martin Lycka to the newly created role of Senior Vice President of US Regulatory Affairs & Responsible Gambling.
- PlayUSA, 11.9.20 – FanDuel Sportsbook Is Live In Tennessee: Questions & Answers
- By now, most are aware Tennesse sports betting went live Nov. 1. Since it’s a completely mobile state, this means you won’t be finding any retail sportsbooks to physically place bets.
- US Bets, 11.9.20 – Entercom Acquires QL Gaming Group, Furthering Sports Betting Push
- Following up its six-year deal that made FanDuel its official sports betting partner, Entercom has acquired QL Gaming Group, which includes the sports betting app BetQL.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.9.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: The More States, The Merrier
- We finally have an answer to the big news from last week: voters around the country approved sports betting at every chance.
- Sports Handle, 11.9.20 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: The Masters, Sports Betting USA Conference, And DraftKings Earnings
- Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- The Action Network, 11.9.20 – Elections In Ohio, Kentucky, And Texas Could Hurt 2021 Sports Betting Hopes
- Voters overwhelmingly supported gaming expansion in all six states that had gambling referendum questions on their respective 2020 ballots.
Overall Industry News:
- US Bets, 11.9.20 – Women Making Inroads In Gaming And Sports Betting Industries
- As the gaming and sports betting industries have grown in the two-plus years since PASPA was struck down by the United States Supreme Court, there has been an influx of women into a professional field and social arena in which it has been challenging to establish a foothold.
- SBC Americas, 11.9.20 – Road To Betting On Sports America – Digital Webinar Series Kicks Off With Session On Sponsorships
- The Road to BOSA-Digital (Betting on Sports America – Digital) webinar series kicks off next week with a jointly produced session between events and media company SBC and Front Office Sports (FOS), the preeminent sports business outlet.
- Yahoo! Sports, 11.9.20 – SuperDraft Looking To Cash In Amid Growing Sports Betting Competition
- Daily fantasy upstart SuperDraft is seeking its first round of outside funding a year after launching.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.9.20 – Log Rolling And Tug of War: How A New IRS Memo Looks At DFS
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued another memo at the intersection of daily fantasy sports and the federal tax code.
Sports League News:
- Gambling Compliance, 11.10.20 – US Sports Betting Goes Mainstream With NFL, Voter Backing
- As the National Football League (NFL) reached the halfway point Sunday of a season that has seen progress in the league’s cautious embrace of sports betting, a top league executive and several operator CEOs spoke about the mutually beneficial relationship the two share.
- Associated Press, 11.9.20 – NJ Vote Would Allow Sports Betting On All College Games
- New Jersey lawmakers want to amend the state constitution to allow sports betting on all major collegiate games, removing a big restriction in a wagering market that is smashing national sports betting records.
- Asbury Park Press, 11.9.20 – Sports Betting On Rutgers, Seton Hall Games Would Be OK Through NJ Gambling Expansion Vote
- New Jersey lawmakers have taken the first step toward placing a gambling expansion question on the November 2021 ballot.
- Gaming Intelligence, 11.10.20 – Senate Committees Approve New Jersey’s Gambling Expansion Plans (subscription paywall)
- Proposals to allow betting on college sports and fixed-odds betting on horse racing have progressed through committee in New Jersey.
- CBS Philly, 11.9.20 – Philadelphia Is The ‘Epicenter For Sports Betting In The United States’ With Investors Betting Big On Future
- An investor is placing his bet on Philadelphia and a new kind of sports gambling experience.
- PlayVirginia, 11.9.20 – 2020 Masters Tourney Is the Perfect Showcase for Live Wagering
- If you want to get a glimpse into the near future of sports betting in Virginia, check out the live in-game betting options available this week with The Masters 2020 at Augusta National.
- Sports Handle, 11.9.20 – Iowa Sets New Benchmark With $81.9M Sports Betting Handle In October
- Iowa posted a record sports betting handle for the second consecutive month in October, as the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission on Monday reported $81.9 million in wagers were accepted.
- PlayIA, 11.9.20 – Return Of Hawkeye Football Carries Iowa Sportsbooks To Another Record Month
- Iowa’s record-breaking sports betting handle in September didn’t remain as the new gold standard for long. October sportsbook handle in the Hawkeye State topped $81.9 million, a new record for Iowa sports betting.
- Play Colorado, 11.9.20 – The Masters In November? Colorado Bettors Say “Yes, Please”
- A tradition unlike any other … in November. Welcome to 2020, when The Masters is set for two weeks before Thanksgiving.
- KJZZ, 11.9.20 – Legal Sports Betting Revenue Would Hinge On Mobile In Arizona
- The percent of American adults who play fantasy sports recently caught up to the rate of people making traditional bets like the Arizona Cardinals are going to win by 3 points on Sunday.