iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas: Sportradar Turns Profitable In The US During Q3 For The First Time
- Sportradar AG has celebrated the performance of its US operations, which turned profitable for the first time since its IPO during Q3 after securing a long-term extension to its deal with FanDuel. Reporting its third quarter results, Sportradar declared total revenues of $185.6m, up 31% year-over-year, driven by US and Rest of World Betting division gains.
- CDC Gaming Reports: Shift4 To Power Payments For 23 Chickasaw Nation Properties
- Shift4 Tuesday announced that it’s been selected to process payments for the Chickasaw Nation in Oklahoma. The Allentown, Pennsylvania-based company will serve 23 Chickasaw Nation properties, including casinos, non-tribal owned locations, and third-party venues under contract with the Tribe.
Sports League News
- Gaming Today: 2022 FIFA World Cup Betting To Surpass $1.8 Billion In US: AGA Study
- Eight percent of American adults plan to place a bet on the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup, according to a study released on Tuesday by the American Gaming Association. The survey of 2,213 adults, conducted by Morning Consult, contends that these 20.5 million adults will place bets in excess of $1.8 billion on this year’s World Cup.
- Law & Crime: Florida Unlikely To Resolve Sports Betting Case In 2022
- In the middle of 2021, two casinos—West Flagler Associates and Bonita-Fort Myers—filed a controversial suit in the US federal court against the US Department of the Interior (DOI), the Seminole Tribe of Florida, and the Secretary of DOI, Debra Haaland. The private casinos alleged that Florida’s 2021 gaming compact with the Seminole Tribe—which provided the tribe exclusivity to online and mobile sports betting throughout the state—is unlawful …
- PlayIowa: Iowa Sports Fans Gambled $38.6 Million More In October
- In October, Iowans gambled a total of $238.8 million on sports – roughly a $38.6 million increase month-to-month. Iowa gaming operators took home $19.1 million in revenue for the month as well. It’s a slight decrease from last month’s revenue total of $25.4 million (an all-time high for the state).
- PlayMaryland: 10 Maryland Online Sports Betting Licenses Approved, Still No Start Date
- State gambling regulators awarded the first wave of mobile sports betting licenses Wednesday morning, putting a possible Thanksgiving start to Maryland’s much-anticipated market on the table. The Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) unanimously approved 10 online sportsbook operators to accept digital bets in the Old Line State.
- Sports Handle: One-Day-On, One-Day-Off Plan For Maryland Launch Sure To Confuse Bettors
- Maryland sportsbooks can’t immediately go live once approved. They’ll need to go through controlled demonstrations with the Maryland Lottery before being issued a license and given the go-ahead to officially launch. There’s a difference between being “awarded” a license by the SWARC and “issued” a license by the lottery.
- State House News Service: Massachusetts Gaming Revenue Tops $97 Million In October
- All three of the state’s gambling centers saw their gaming receipts increase from September to October and the state stands to benefit from October gambling to the tune of almost $27.3 million, the Gaming Commission said Tuesday.
- MassLive: Encore Boston Harbor Reaches Preliminary Deal With Caesars For One Of Its Mobile Sports Betting Licenses
- Encore Boston Harbor reached a “preliminary agreement” to hand off one of its mobile sports betting licenses to Caesars Interactive Entertainment, according to new public records released Tuesday and confirmation from a spokesperson for the Everett casino.
- PlayNY: Sen. Addabbo: Process To Legalize Online Casinos In New York ‘Starting Now’
- The midterm elections have concluded. Next on the agenda for Sen. Joe Addabbo: additional expansion of legalized gambling in New York — specifically the launch of NY online casinos. While Addabbo has some new colleagues surrounding him, he also sees familiar faces, including a proponent of legal gambling expansion in Gov. Kathy Hochul.
- PlayPennsylvania: Golden Nugget Set To Hit Pennsylvania Online Casino Market In 2023
- The outlook is bright for Golden Nugget Casino PA going into 2023. DraftKings, the parent company of Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG), announced during its Q3 earnings call earlier this month that its integration of GNOG onto the DraftKings platform is on track to finish in the second half of 2023.
- PlayTexas: Sen. Alvarado Renews the Fight for Legal Texas Gaming
- On Monday, the pre-filing period began for Texas legislators. Top priorities and important battleground debates were the focus of these bills and resolutions. Among the 875 pieces of legislation filed Monday sits Sen. Carol Alvarado’s SJR17, which would legalize casinos and sports betting in Texas.