Industry News of the Day for November 23, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 11.20.20 – Does Golden Nugget’s Latest Deal Mean Illinois Online Casino Gaming Is On The Way?
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) has secured market access for online sports betting and iGaming in Illinois.
- The Press Of Atlantic City, 11.20.20 – Hearing Set On Golden Nugget Owner’s Venture To Go Public With Online Gaming
- State gaming regulators will hold a special meeting next week to consider a request by Golden Nugget Atlantic City to essentially split off internet gaming operations from its brick-and-mortar casino and take the new digital entity public.
- iGB North America, 11.23.20 – Golden Nugget Partners The Greenbrier For WV Entry
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) has secured access to a fifth state, signing a definitive access with Greenbrier Hotel Corporation to launch sports betting and online casino in West Virginia.
- Sports Handle, 11.20.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Next Up In Tennessee, NH Handle, More
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Sports Handle, 11.20.20 – Analysis: Why Bally’s Sports Betting-Minded Deals Are A Much Bigger Deal Than You Think
- Bally’s is quite suddenly primed to become a more formidable player in the U.S. sports betting and iGaming industry than it may immediately appear.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 11.20.20 – Betting On Sports America – Digital Unveils Gold Standard Speaker Lineup
- The Betting on Sports America – Digital conference and exhibition is set to feature a speaker lineup of 130 senior executives and specialists ready to share insights and ideas about every aspect of the rapidly-growing North American sports betting industry.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.23.20 – Boston Sportsbook, Pro Teams Push Legislators For MA Sports Betting
- Boston-born DraftKings and others interested in MA sports betting aren’t ready to let the issue die this year.
- Sports Handle, 11.20.20 – Mass Mess: Lawmakers Continue To Put Off Sports Betting Decision
- Legal sports betting in Massachusetts took another hit late Wednesday, when an amendment to the Senate budget legalizing sports wagering was shot down — and didn’t even require a roll-call vote.
- WSN, 11.23.20 – Betfred Continues US Expansion By Launching First Sportsbook In Pennsylvania
- Wind Creek Hospitality and Betfred USA Sports have collaborated to announce the opening of the newest sportsbook in Pennsylvania at Wind Creek Bethlehem.
- Gambling.Com, 11.20.20 – Delaware Report Shows Increase In October Sports Betting
- Sports wagering activity in Delaware for October saw a healthy uptick from the previous month and also a decent increase in a year-to-year comparison with October 2019.
- WTOP News, 11.20.20 – The Alcohol-Infused Fight Over Sports Betting In DC’s Capitol Hill Area
- A proposed sportsbook that a Virginia businessman wants to open on Pennsylvania Avenue in Southeast D.C. is getting pushback from people in the neighborhood who say it doesn’t belong there.
- PlayVirginia, 11.20.20 – How Online Lotto Provided A Lifeline To Virginia Lottery Sales
- The COVID-19 pandemic created a disaster for many traditional gaming outlets, but a new online lottery platform provided a lifeline for Virginia Lottery sales.
- PlayMichigan, 11.20.20 – Fox Sports Detroit May Rebrand As Bally’s Sports, But Is Bally Bets Coming To MI?
- Michigan sports fans have long been inundated with television commercials for casinos across the state.
- The Journal Record, 11.20.20 – Buzzard: McGirt Ruling Could Affect Tribal Gaming
- Oklahomans are still debating the ramifications of the Supreme Court’s July ruling in McGirt v. Oklahoma.
- Gambling.Com, 11.20.20 – Montana Lottery Won’t Appeal Judge’s Sports Betting Ruling
- The Montana Lottery has decided not to appeal a decision by Lewis and Clark County District Court Judge Kathy Seeley overturning a Montana state rule that limited sports betting to just businesses with an alcohol beverage license.
- Gambling.Com, 11.20.20 – Oregon October Sports Betting Handle Improves By 12.5%
- Despite having a single source sports betting market run by the state lottery, Oregon had increases in total sports handle and revenue in October.