Industry News of the Day for November 24, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 11.23.20 – Golden Nugget Online Gambling Deal Makes It A Full House For WV’s Greenbrier
- Who will be the third online casino in West Virginia? If you’d asked last week, the likely answer would have been FanDuel, but now a new possibility has presented itself.
- SBC Americas, 11.24.20 – Evolution’s Online Live Dealer Casino Heads To Pennsylvania With Unibet
- Unibet is launching online live blackjack and roulette tables from Evolution in Pennsylvania, expanding the partnership from European and New Jersey markets.
- SBC Americas, 11.24.20 – GVC Ups Safer Gambling Commitment With PlayPause Partnership
- GVC Holdings will become the first official partner of PlayPause, a new multi-state responsible gambling tool which will operate across state lines in the United States, with the feature due to launch with BetMGM.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.23.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Is It Too Late For Ohio, Massachusetts?
- Sports betting news might be slim during this shortened holiday week but plenty happened last week to make up for that.
- Sports Handle, 11.23.20 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: Thanksgiving Day Trio, College Hoops Tip Off, And Tyson’s Return
- The “What’s On Tap,” series will preview the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Bloomberg Tax, 11.24.20 – Surging Sports Betting Taxes Replenish Dwindling State Coffers
- Despite two pandemic-stricken quarters with virtually no sports, states have now collected $352 million more in bets through November than they did through the same period last year—a 47% increase.
- Boston Globe, 11.24.20 – Twin Rivers Wagers On The Multibillion-Dollar Sports Betting Market
- With its recent name change (to Bally’s) and its acquisitions of casinos in other states, the Rhode Island company is positioned to be a serious player
- PlayUSA, 11.23.20 – Could Bally’s Become The Leader In Live Events Through A Betting App?
- For the most part, the live streaming of sporting events in sportsbook apps in the US has been minimal and comprised of more obscure events. The latest Bally’s sports betting deals could change that, however.
- The Action Network, 11.23.20 – Biden Administration Likely To Boost Online Gaming, Sports Betting
- President-Elect Joe Biden’s incoming administration is likely to boost regulated online gambling- largely because it’s given no indication it would seek to curtail it.
- Online Poker Report, 11.23.20 – Rivers Chairman Neil Bluhm Was A Major Biden Campaign Donor, What Does That Mean For Online Gambling?
- With Joe Biden, by most accounts, poised to move into the White House in less than two months, it’s reasonable to wonder: What will he do for online gambling?
- PlayPennsylvania, 11.23.20 – Wind Creek Opens Betfred Sportsbook With Online Betting To Come Soon
- Wind Creek Hospitality, parent of the Wind Creek Casino Bethlehem, and Betfred USA Sports, have opened a new place to place a bet in the region.
- Sports Handle, 11.23.20 – Sports Betting Stakeholders To Mass: What Are You Waiting For?
- Sports teams and some operators are impatient with Massachusetts, a state that appeared poised to be among the first to legalize sports betting, but instead has been among a handful in which lawmakers can’t reach a consensus.
- iGB North America, 11.24.20 – Mobile Drives NH Sports Betting Revenue Up To $4.2M In October
- The New Hampshire Lottery generated $4.2m in gross gaming revenue (GGR) from sports betting in October, as the state reported month-on-month growth across both mobile and retail channels.
- NBC 12, 11.23.20 – Virginia Lottery To License Mobile Sports Betting Early Next Year
- As the prospect of casino gambling generates headlines in Virginia, the state is moving forward with another form of wagering.
- PlayWV, 11.23.20 – Online Sports Betting In West Virginia Declines; October Handle Only $45 Million
- West Virginia sportsbooks saw nearly $45 million in handle in October. While this isn’t a terrible month in terms of production, it’s certainly not the state’s best.
- iGB North America, 11.24.20 – Bally’s To Launch Mobile Sportsbook In Iowa Through Market Access Deal
- Land-based and online operator Bally’s Corporation has agreed a multi-year market access partnership with Elite Casino Resorts, to launch mobile sports betting in the state of Iowa.
- PlayIA, 11.23.20 – Vigtory Sportsbook Takes Initial Step Toward Joining The Fray In Iowa
- On Nov. 19, the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission (IRGC) approved a market access deal between the operator and Casino Queen Marquette. However, it’s unclear how and when the two parties will proceed.
- iGB North America, 11.24.20 – IGT To Power Maverick Sports Betting Launch In Colorado
- International Game Technology (IGT) has brokered a deal to power online and retail sports betting for Maverick Gaming in Colorado.