iDEA Growth Member News:
- ESPN, 11.2.20 – Bryson DeChambeau To Sport DraftKings Logo At Masters
- Bryson DeChambeau will become the first golfer to wear a logo of a sports betting or fantasy sports company during the Masters after agreeing to a partnership with DraftKings.
- PlayNevada, 11.2.20 – After Deal With UNLV, Could A DraftKings Sportsbook In Nevada Be In The Cards?
- Last week, DraftKings announced a multi-year agreement to become a primary sponsor of the Center for Gaming Innovation at UNLV.
- Nashville Tennessean, 11.2.20 – Memphis Grizzlies Form Partnership With Online Sports Gambling Operator FanDuel
- The Memphis Grizzlies announced a partnership with sports betting and daily fantasy sports operator FanDuel Monday, one day after online sports gambling launched in Tennessee.
- iGB North America, 11.3.20 – FanDuel Nets Partnership With NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies
- Daily fantasy and sports betting operator FanDuel has struck a new strategic partnership with Tennessee-based National Basketball Association (NBA) team, the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Sports Handle, 11.3.20 – Sports Betting Initiative Likely To Pass In Maryland, Closer Calls Elsewhere
- With Election Day upon us, it seemed a good time to take a look at gaming referendums that are on ballots across the nation. Voters in six states will decide on everything from raising bet limits to an all-out gaming expansion to whether or not to legalize sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.2.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: TN Sports Betting Launches
- Sports betting was in the news for multiple reasons over the weekend, including a long-awaited new market launch.
Overall Industry News:
- US Bets, 11.2.20 – Cautious Optimism Abounded At G2E That Gaming Industry Is Meeting COVID Challenges
- Some panelists at last week’s virtual Global Gaming Expo talked about how shocked they were in March to have been faced with closing casinos — a prospect that once seemed so remote that they didn’t even have locks for the doors.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.3.20 – Perfect Storm Brewing For Enhanced Gaming Payments In U.S. (subscription paywall)
- Coronavirus and the expansion of online sports betting will continue to accelerate the adoption of digital payments across the U.S. gaming industry, industry experts have said.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.3.20 – Could Nevada Senator Become Gaming’s Next Harry Reid? (subscription paywall)
- The woman who succeeded arguably the most powerful advocate the U.S. gaming industry has ever had in Congress could become significantly more influential in the nation’s capital after Tuesday’s elections.
Sports League News:
- iGB North America, 11.3.20 – NFL Players Association Purchases Stake In Monkey Knife Fight
- The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) has acquired a stake in daily fantasy sports (DFS) operator Monkey Knife Fight.
- PlayPennsylvania, 11.2.20 – PA Lottery Warns if Casinos Get Their Way, It Will Be the Beginning of the End for iLottery
- The Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court heard a case last week that will determine the future of the Pennsylvania Lottery.
- PlayPennsylvania, 11.2.20 – Pitt AD Heather Lyke Continues Beating Drum Against Betting on College Sports
- University of Pittsburgh Athletic Director Heather Lyke continues to hold strong in her stance against gambling on college sports. Lyke was a panelist on the webinar “LEAD1 Forum: A Whole New Ballgame: Implications of Legalized Sports Betting for College Athletics” on Oct. 27.
- Online Poker Report, 11.2.20 – Washington DC Intralot Sports Betting Lawsuit Dismissed For Lack Of Standing
- Intralot, a Greek company, was selected by the District in 2019 to operate the GambetDC sports wagering contract on behalf of the D.C. Lottery.
- iGB North America, 11.3.20 – DC Lottery Issues Warning Over Illegal Sports Betting
- The Washington DC Office of Lottery and Gaming (OLG) has warned consumers, media outlets and marketing agencies in the US capital city about the dangers of using or working with unlicensed sports betting operators.
- Online Poker Report, 11.2.20 – Sports Betting Goes Live In Tennessee, But Will The State Ever See Online Casinos?
- As of Sunday, we can add Tennessee to the ever-growing list of states with sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 11.2.20 – Osborne, Buffett Gaming Mailer Causing Kerfuffle Ahead Of Nebraska Referendum
- Nebraska voters will have a chance on Tuesday to expand gaming, including adding legal sports betting, but if they do so, they’ll be going against the state’s two most well-known personalities — billionaire Warren Buffett and legendary Nebraska football coach Tom Osborne.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.2.20 – Why Sportsbooks Might Not Like New Ohio Sports Betting Bill Draft
- If sports betting in Ohio is legalized this year, it may not be as robust of a market as expected after the draft bill reduced the number of licenses.
- Mitchell Republic, 11.2.20 – Election To Determine Fate Of Sports Gambling In South Dakota
- The United States Supreme Court wiped away federal prohibitions on betting in 2018, but the state Constitution must be ratified for South Dakotans to lay down their bets, which is what Constitution Amendment B offers inside city limits of Deadwood and reservation casinos.
- KSAL, 11.2.20 – LA Voters To Decide On Legalizing Sports Betting In Individual Parishes Nov. 3
- Voters will get to decide whether sports betting should be allowed in their parishes during the presidential election, though it would not happen where it is approved for at least another year.