iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 11.5.21: Sportradar Secures Sports Betting Approval In Connecticut And West Virginia
- Sportradar has secured an online gaming service provider license in the state of Connecticut and renewed its sports wagering supplier license in West Virginia, while the provider also struck new integrity deals with two European basketball organizations.
- Play NY, 11.5.21: DraftKings CEO: High Taxes Will Suppress Sports Betting Promos In New York
- Online sports bettors in New York could see fewer promotions than their fellow punters in other states. Operators expect their NY sports betting revenue to be taxed at a rate of 50-51%, making long-term profitability an uphill climb.
- Sports Handle, 11.5.21: DraftKings Confident In Strategy For Profitability If Granted NY License
- After two participants in a so-called “super bid” expressed optimism earlier this week that their companies will be awarded mobile sports betting licenses in New York, DraftKings echoed the sentiments of its bidding partners on Friday morning.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 11.5.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Play USA, 11.4.21: College Betting In New Jersey A No Go And Other Gambling Takeaways From Election Night
- The hot gambling topics on this election cycle had to deal with college sports in New Jersey, a new casino in Virginia, and rodeo raffles in Texas.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.5.21: Winning Mobile NY Sportsbooks To Be Selected Monday
- The winning bidders who will get to launch mobile NY sportsbooks will be announced Monday, wrapping up a four-month process.
- Play CA, 11.5.21: Ready, Set, Go: California Operator Initiative To Start Gathering Signatures
- The California Attorney General issued statement and summary for the mobile sports betting initiative backed by sportsbook operators.
- Los Angeles Times, 11.5.21: California Politics: A sports betting showdown in 2022
- Three times in California’s history, voters have ratified constitutional amendments related to gambling: in 1984 for the creation of a state lottery, and then in 1998 and 2000 to put in place provisions allowing Native American tribes to open casinos.
- Quad City Times, 11.4.21: Iowans Set Another Record Month For Sports Betting
- The lure of fall football and enticing promotions by competing sportsbooks combined to generate a record $280.9 million in bets last month by Iowa gamblers.
- Sports Handle, 11.4.21: Sports Betting Delayed Until 2022 In Maryland, But Just How Far Into The Year?
- Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is none too happy.
- FOX 5 DC, 11.4.21: Maryland Sports Betting Delayed Again
- Thursday Night Football kicks off on FOX 5 tonight, but if you live in Maryland and were looking for a place to bet legally, you’re going to have to keep waiting.
- TN Bets, 11.5.21: Tennessee SWAC Prepares To Become Sports Betting Regulator
- Mary Beth Thomas’ first day as the executive director of Tennessee’s Sports Wagering Advisory Council was Monday. She doesn’t have long to ease into the role, as she’s tasked with getting the organization up and running in two months
- Legal Sports Report, 11.4.21: Challenge To Florida Sports Betting Compact Gets More Briefs
- The Seminole Tribe of Florida made headlines this week when their Hard Rock Digital partners quietly launched sports betting.
- CBS Minnesota, 11.4.21: Minnesota Lawmakers Revive Push To Legalize Sports Betting Next Session
- If you want to legally put money on your favorite Minnesota sports teams, your best bet is to drive down I-35 to Iowa.
- IGB, 11.5.21: North Carolina Betting Legislation Continues Slow Progress Through House
- A bill to legalize commercial online sports betting in North Carolina has cleared another committee in the state’s House of Representatives.
- Play TN, 11.4.21: North Carolina Sports Betting Bill Advances, Not Likely To Pass This Year
- The North Carolina House revved up sports betting legislation Thursday but is not ready to take it to the finish line.