iDEA Growth in the News:
- SBC Americas, 11.6.19 – GeoComply Expertise Will Be Of Huge Benefit To iDEA Growth: Jeff Ifrah (Republished on Inkedin)
- Geolocation solutions provider GeoComply has become a member of iDEA Growth, an industry association founded in 2017 by Jeff Ifrah and Jeremy Kleiman that focuses on expanding the online interactive gaming business in the US.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.7.19 – FanDuel Sportsbook Reports Strong Growth; Fox Bet Performs As Expected (The Stars Group)
- FanDuel Sportsbook and Fox Bet‘s parent companies both reported positive momentum for the US sportsbooks, with FanDuel’s outlook still stronger than most.
- Online Poker Report, 11.6.19 – A Player’s Perspective On The PokerStars Pennsylvania Launch
- After months of delays, PokerStars finally launched in Pennsylvania this week.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 11.6.19 – DraftKings Sportsbook Nearing Entry In Pennsylvania’s Crowded Gambling Market
- Pennsylvania could have another mobile sports gambling option before the end of the week.
- Fox Business, 11.6.19 – Sports Betting Wins Again On Election Day – But No Landslides
- Colorado became the 19th U.S. state to legalize sports betting in some form after residents voted by a narrow margin to approve Proposition DD, the Associated Press said on Wednesday.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.7.19 – Investors Split On Potential For Tech Giants To Dominate Sports-Betting Industry (subscription paywall)
- From small one-person start-ups to casino giants, excitement for the growth potential in the sports-betting industry is sky high, but a question that looms over that excitement is the possibility of a global technology powerhouse or another major brand deciding to crash the party.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.7.19 – Gambling Compliance Podcast: Responsible Marketing In Gambling
- The debate over what messages gambling ads should contain, when they should be shown or whether they should be allowed at all continues to rage across the world.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.6.19 – Governor Engaged In Michigan Sports Betting Talks As Bill Sits In Senate
- Now that the Michigan sports betting and iGaming bills are in the Senate, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is back at the table for discussions.
- Associated Press, 11.6.19 – Colorado Voters Narrowly Approve Legalized Sports Betting
- Colorado became the 19th U.S. state to legalize some form of sports betting as election officials tallied Wednesday a surprisingly close vote in which ballots for the measure narrowly surpassed “no” votes.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.7.19 – Rocky Mountain Sigh Of Relief As Colorado Sports Betting Narrowly Passes (subscription paywall)
- Voters have narrowly approved a ballot measure making Colorado the 19th state to legalize sports betting in exchange for diverting a majority of the tax revenues collected to a state water plan.
- Sports Handle, 11.6.19 – Colorado Voters Legalize Sports Betting
- On Tuesday, Coloradans had the chance to vote on Proposition DD, which would legalize sports betting, and it took until early afternoon Wednesday to count all the votes and declare that the proposition has passed, 693,485-676,396 or 50.62 percent to 48.38 percent.
- Associated Press, 11.6.19 – 5 New Hampshire Cities Approve Sports Betting Locations
- Five New Hampshire cities voted to allow sports betting locations, and two others have approved keno.
- WMUR, 11.6.19 – Sports Betting Approved In 5 More NH Communities
- Voters in five New Hampshire communities approved sports betting Tuesday, but it’s not yet clear how it will work.
- NJ Online Gambling, 11.6.19 – ‘It Made Me Sick’ – NY Lawmaker On September Sports Betting Dollars Flowing Into NJ
- Two New York State elected officials took their semi-annual state gambling expansion roadshow to Manhattan’s West Side on Tuesday, again vowing that next year will be different.
Sports League News:
- Business Insider, 11.6.19 – How The NFL, NASCAR, And Other Sports Could Capitalize On Legalized Betting In The Next Round Of Media Rights Renewals
- Legal sports betting could be a big bargaining chip for sports rights owners in their next big negotiations with media networks starting in 2021.
- Bloomberg, 11.6.19 – Knicks, Devils Broadcasts Get Betting Flavor With FanDuel Deal
- MSG Networks Inc. signed a deal with FanDuel Group that will give a gambling-friendly feel to broadcasts of New York Knicks and New Jersey Devils games.