Industry News of the Day for November 8, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 11.8.21: Kambi Partners With Saginaw Chippewa Gaming Enterprises In Michigan
- Sports betting technology provider Kambi Group plc has agreed a multi-channel sportsbook partnership with Michigan tribal operator Saginaw Chippewa Gaming Enterprises.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 11.5.21: Get A Grip —The Week In Sports Betting: Florida Launch Surprise, New York Licensure Whispers, California Referendums, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Sports Handle, 11.8.21: What’s On Tap: NY Bid Hearing, College Hoops Tip-Off, And Rodgers’ Potential Return
- Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.8.21: Key Mobile NY Sports Betting Supporter Discouraged By Reports
- New York Assemblyman Gary Pretlow has worked hard with Sen. Joe Addabbo Jr. to get mobile NY sports betting legalized for years.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.8.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: New York Picking Winners
- Happy Monday, folks. Sports betting news does not get much bigger than what’s going down in New York today.
- IGB, 11.8.21: Oregon Sets New Betting Handle Record Despite Registration Drop
- Oregon’s sports betting app Scoreboard has recorded sports betting handle of $37.6m for October – a record figure up from $25.1m in September and $29.5m from October 2020.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.5.21: Florida Sports Betting Hearing Pushes Timeline Into Next Week
- Earlier today was the first oral hearing challenging the newly minted and now-launched compact governing Florida sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 11.5.21: Federal Government Woefully Unprepared In Hearing About Florida Sports Betting
- When a group of lawyers stood before federal court Judge Dabney Friedrich Friday morning to argue a case in which two parimutuels claim the Florida-Seminole Tribe gaming compact is illegal, only one side was prepared.
- Tallahassee Democrat, 11.5.21: ‘I’m Confounded’: Florida Sports Betting Deal Comes Under Court Scrutiny
- A Washington, D.C.-based judge harshly chastised lawyers for the Biden administration Friday for failing to be prepared to answer questions about whether a deal that gives the Seminole Tribe of Florida control over sports betting in the state violates federal law.
- Star Tribune, 11.6.21: Bipartisan Push Coming In 2022 To Legalize Sports Betting In Minnesota
- A push to legalize sports betting in Minnesota is returning to the State Capitol next session after years of failed attempts to find a solution that all sides can agree on.
- FOX 5 News, 11.7.21: Sports Gambling Remains Delayed, Creates Frustration For Governor Larry Hogan
- Despite a law allowing sports betting in Maryland, it’s still not up and running in the state. Now Gov. Larry Hogan is expressing his frustration about the gambling delays.
- Saturday Down South, 11.8.21: Louisiana Online Sports Betting Unlikely To Launch Until January
- Louisiana in-person sports betting is alive and kicking, as the state ushered in retail sports betting in late October.
- IGB, 11.8.21: Iowa Smashes Sports Betting Handle Record Again In October
- Consumers in Iowa spent a total of $280.9m betting on sports during October, marking the second consecutive month in which the US state set a new handle record
- KSDK, 11.7.21: Ballot Initiatives Target Legalizing Sports Betting In Missouri
- A Missouri legislator is willing to bet the house that sports wagering in the state would be a success after the Cardinals, Blues and St. Louis City SC announced they’re backing ballot initiatives to legalize betting in the state.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 11.7.21: Benfred: Teams Pushing For Sports Betting Legalization Should Go Above And Beyond To Help Hedge Rising Trend’s Risk
- There were odds on the Cardinals picking Oli Marmol as their manager. There are currently odds on the Blues to win the Stanley Cup.
- TN Bets, 11.8.21: North Carolina Sports Betting Bill Takes A Baby Step Toward Passage
- A North Carolina bill aimed at legalizing sports betting within the state moved through the House Commerce Committee last Thursday.