LEAD1 Virtual Forum:
This latest LEAD1 virtual forum titled, “A Whole New Ballgame: Implications of Legalized Sports Betting for College Athletics,” will debate the surrounding issues with respect to legalized sports gambling including the current legislative landscape, ancillary regulatory issues, mobile betting, sports betting partnerships on campuses, the evolution of professional sports leagues on the issue, the impact of COVID-19, and more. Join us, October 27th!
iDEA Growth News:
- The Action Network, 10.15.20 – New Jersey Introduced In-State Betting Bill For March Madness (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- A day after their state was awarded a March Madness regional host site, New Jersey lawmakers are pushing a common-sense bill to allow in-state betting on the event.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- CNBC, 10.16.20 – What Turner Sports, DraftKings And FanDuel Could Get Out Of Their New Sports Betting Partnership
- Turner Sports network wants to increase its ratings with its new partnership deal featuring sports betting companies DraftKings and FanDuel.
- Sports Handle, 10.15.20 – Turner Sports Makes FanDuel Official Sports Betting Partner For NBA Programming
- Turner Sports announced separate multi-year agreements with FanDuel and DraftKings on Thursday, with the former now the exclusive sportsbook partner for NBA programming across its properties including Bleacher Report, and the latter the exclusive sportsbook partner and daily fantasy sports provider across select sports excluding NBA programming.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.15.20 – FanDuel And DraftKings Find Another Media Partner In Turner Sports, But Will It Pay Off?
- Another day, another deal between sports betting operators and a media company. This time it’s Bleacher Report-owner Turner Sports, which has partnered with both FanDuel and DraftKings.
- iGB North America, 10.16.20 – Evolution Extends US Reach With Wynn Interactive Deal
- Live gaming supplier Evolution has entered into a partnership with Wynn Sports Interactive (WSI), the digital arm of casino operator Wynn Resorts, to supply its live casino content and related services for the US market.
- SBC Americas, 10.15.20 – All Star Lineup Of Speakers Confirmed For Betting On Sports America – Digital
- The Betting on Sports America – Digital conference and exhibition has announced a star-studded lineup of speakers slated to take the virtual stage in early December, including senior executives from William Hill US, MGM Resorts, theScore, Roar Digital, GVC Holdings, and leading state lotteries.
Overall Industry News:
- PlayPennsylvania, 10.16.20 – Penn National Fighting Slot-Like Online Lottery Games in Pennsylvania and Ohio
- Ohio lawmakers are considering attaching internet lottery to sports betting legislation. Penn National Gaming has reason to be concerned.
- Sports Handle, 10.15.20 – A Biden-Harris Administration, Democratic Senate Paints Rosier Picture For Sports Betting Nationwide
- Could a Joe Biden-Kamala Harris administration be a positive for legal sports betting in the U.S., and online gaming more broadly?
- PlayNevada, 10.15.20 – Bill Proposed To Help Jump-Start Nevada Economy In Wake Of Coronavirus
- The Las Vegas economy has been hit especially hard from fallout stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. But Nevada Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto is hoping a new bill will offer some relief for casinos and related businesses.
- Associated Press, 10.15.20 – NJ Shatters Its Own Sports Betting Record: $748M Bet In Sept
- New Jersey’s fast-growing sports betting market blew past its own national record in September, taking in more than $748 million in bets from sports gamblers finally able to wager on football amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Fox Business, 10.16.20 – NJ Smashes Sports Betting Record, Handling More Than $748M In September
- The Garden State is growing more green than expected in the sports betting arena as New Jersey blew past its own historic marks in revenue from the industry, officials said Thursday.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.15.20 – Could NJ Sports Betting Market Hit $1 Billion In Monthly Handle?
- The NJ sports betting market hit a total that could take a while to be topped – or maybe the Garden State might again top itself next month.
- Online Poker Report, 10.15.20 – New Jersey Online Gaming Revenue Plateaus In September
- New Jersey online gambling revenue rose yet again in September, as calculated on a daily basis. The gain was small, however, and with only 30 days in September, the state’s casinos didn’t quite set a new monthly record.
- NJ Biz, 10.16.20 – Even With Indoor Dining, Casinos Rely On Online Gambling, Sports Betting
- The numbers are in for the first full month of indoor dining in New Jersey, and Thursday data from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, which regulates gambling in the state, found casinos are still relying heavily on online gambling for the bulk of their profits.
- Gambling.Com, 10.15.20 – New York Needs Online Sports Betting After Low Sept. Revenue
- If New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo needs any more proof that his state needs to approve online sports betting, he just has to take a look at the numbers neighboring New Jersey is putting up.
- CBS Baltimore, 10.15.20 – Maryland Voters To Decide On Sports Betting, Budget Powers
- Maryland voters are deciding two statewide ballot questions with significant financial ramifications for future years, including whether to allow sports betting and if the legislature should have more power over the state budget.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.15.20 – Retail Still King In DC Sports Betting Thanks To Intralot, Gambet
- Washington DC sports betting had an unlikely leader for the second straight month.
- PlayVirginia, 10.15.20 – King Of DC Betting William Hill Shows Off Its Capital One Castle
- That temporary William Hill sportsbook retail location at Capital One Arena could soon become a permanent destination for sports bettors.
- iGB North America, 10.16.20 – Delaware iGaming Revenue Grows Again In September
- Online gambling revenue in Delaware climbed 118.3% year-on-year to $840,146 in September, the second consecutive month of growth for the market.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.16.20 – Michigan Drops Data Restriction From Final Sports-Betting Rules (subscription paywall)
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) has submitted final sports betting and online gaming rules to a joint legislative committee for approval after removing a unique provision governing permitted data sources.
- PlayMichigan, 10.15.20 – When BetMGM Roars Into Michigan Sports Betting, So Will Same Game Parlays
- BetMGM Sportsbook has expanded its existing partnership with Betgenius Sports, BetBuilder’s creator, to include that product. It’s just one more thing to look forward to when online sports betting arrives in Michigan.
- PlayIndiana, 10.15.20 – BetMGM To Compete With FanDuel In Indiana By Offering Same-Game Parlays
- BetMGM is bringing same-game parlays into the fold. The sportsbook’s new deal with Betgenius will help expand its Indiana footprint.
- Gaming Compliance, 10.16.20 – University Of Colorado-PointsBet Link Makes College A Gambling Affiliate (subscription paywall)
- A partnership between PointsBet and the University of Colorado (CU) has raised eyebrows, given deal terms that seem to make the school an affiliate marketer for the sports-betting operator.