Industry News of the Day for October 23, 2020
LEAD1 Virtual Forum
Next Tuesday, the LEAD1 virtual forum titled, “A Whole New Ballgame: Implications of Legalized Sports Betting for College Athletics,” will debate the surrounding issues with respect to legalized sports gambling including the current legislative landscape, ancillary regulatory issues, mobile betting, sports betting partnerships on campuses, the evolution of professional sports leagues on the issue, the impact of COVID-19, and more. Join us, October 27th!
iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGB North America, 10.23.20 – Unibet Adds Sports Betting To Philadelphia Eagles Partnership
- Kindred brand Unibet has expanded its casino partnership with the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles to cover sports betting as well as casino.
- PlayMichigan, 10.22.20 – Will FanDuel Keep The Momentum Going In Michigan Sports Betting?
- Record-breaking sports betting handle continues to come in from states with legal betting. In most cases, FanDuel has led the way.
- WSN, 10.22.20 – As Online Sports Wagering Dominates During Covid 19, Onsite Wagering Plummets
- Record levels of online sports wagering may make onsite sports wagering negligible. Could new “destination sportsbooks” like Circa Sports help bring back the experience?
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 10.22.20 – Feeding Frenzy Continues: Two New SPACs Eye Online Gambling Acquisitions
- The SPAC takeover of US online gambling shows no sign of slowing down.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.22.20 – Fall Dreams Fading Fast For Massachusetts Sports Betting Bill
- Legalizing sports betting in Massachusetts appears to be all but dead this year, but 2021 could be another story.
- The Action Network, 10.22.20 – New, Locally-Owned DC Sportsbook Looks To Change Sports Betting
- A new sportsbook is about to change Washington D.C. sports betting – and possibly the conversation about the industry in America.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.23.20 – Virginia Tribe Not Buying Cordish’s Denial Of Casino Opposition (subscription paywall)
- A gaming turf war may be on the verge of erupting between the border states of Maryland and Virginia as voters prepare to go to the polls on November 3 to decide if four new casinos should be developed in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.22.20 – Tennessee Approves More Sports Betting Licenses As Launch Nears
- It looks like Tennessee finally licensed every operator, supplier and vendor that will be live when sports betting launches next Sunday.
- PlayTenn, 10.22.20 – Tennessee Makes Final Preparations For Sports Betting Launch
- The Tennessee Education Lottery (TEL) held a special Sports Wagering Committee meeting this Thursday to discuss matters pertinent to the launch of sports betting in the state.
- WSN, 10.22.20 – Some Disappointment In Arizona As Legal Sports Wagering Is Tabled Until 2021
- As several states anticipate the upcoming November election to determine their fortune for legalized sports wagering, Arizona has decided to wait until next year to evaluate moving forward on the issue.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.23.20 – Nevada Regulators License First Tribal Casino In Las Vegas History
- The Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC) on Thursday unanimously approved Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment’s (MGE) license application to become the first tribe to operate a casino in Las Vegas since gaming was legalized in the state in 1931.