iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 10.23.19 – Visa Ready To Offer Card Acceptance At Sportsbook Windows [DraftKings, WorldPay, Golden Nugget]
- After months of remaining on the sidelines, Visa appears ready to establish a considerable presence inside brick-and-mortar sportsbooks nationwide.
- Play USA, 10.23.19 – DraftKings Teams With NFL’s Larry Fitzgerald For DFS Contest Fundraiser
- One of the best wideouts to ever come through the league, Larry Fitzgerald has an off-field mission that has taken center stage: the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund for breast cancer research. And he has DraftKings in his corner.
- SBC Americas, 10.23.19 – Thought Leaders Prepare To Gather For Sports Innovation Conference
- SeventySix Capital, a sports tech venture capital company led by MLB superstar Ryan Howard, will gather some of the top thought leaders in sports innovation at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia for its annual Sports Innovation Conference on November 6.
- SBC Americas, 10.24.19 – Activate Study Predicts Sports Betting Will Resemble Financial Trading Sector
- Management consulting firm for media, technology, entertainment, and sports businesses Activate has published its Technology and Media Outlook 2020, a comprehensive annual report on the state of the internet, technology, media, and entertainment industries.
- NJ Online Gambling, 10.23.19 – New Jersey Online Gambling Alone Is As Large As Ohio’s Casino Market
- The Garden State’s online gambling platforms generated $67.3 mm in revenue during September, according to figures from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. That includes sports betting, online poker, online slots, and online table games.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.24.19 – FanDuel Boss Talks League Data, Advertising, And High-Tax Pennsylvania [subscription paywall]
- Daily fantasy giant turned sportsbook operator FanDuel has jumped out to a sizable market lead in the opening months of Pennsylvania sports betting, but even at the top of the revenue charts, the company’s CEO says that also having online casino is what keeps the high-tax offering feasible.
- The Independent Record, 10.23.19 – Sports Betting Could Have 1,400 Locations In Montana
- Up to 1,400 locations around the state could be eligible to offer sports wagering under a new rule proposed by the Montana Lottery.
- Associated Press, 10.24.19 – Mobile Sports Betting Revenue In WVa Tops $1M In September
- Despite a slow start, mobile sports betting revenue in West Virginia has continued to grow.
- Charleston Gazette-Mail, 10.23.19 – Mobile Sports Betting In WV Hits Revenue Milestones
- Mobile sports betting in West Virginia has hit two milestones, state Lottery Director John Myers said Wednesday: Topping $1 million in revenue for September, and topping $7 million in total wagers for the week of Oct. 13-19.
- WNIU, 10.23.19 – Keicher Wants Cleanup Of State Gambling Bill
- An Illinois legislator says the state’s new gambling expansion bill needs to be cleaned up.
- Reminder Publishing, 10.23.19 – Lesser: Legislature Is Considering New Jersey’s Sports Betting Law
- New Jersey appears to be benefitting from its sports betting, which is perhaps a lesson for other states considering it, such as Massachusetts.
- The Gazette, 10.23.19 – Iowa Regents Seek More Information About University Athletics
- Iowa recently legalized betting on sports — professional and collegiate — and state lawmakers are drafting “pay-for-play” bills modeled after one in California allowing college athletes to hire agents and get paid for the use of their names and likenesses.
- Steamboat Pilot & Today, 10.24.19 – Prop DD Would Legalize Sports Betting And Tax It To Fund Water Projects
- There are two key elements of Proposition DD. First, it would legalize sports betting in Colorado.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.23.19 – Mobile RI Sports Betting Restrained By In-Person Registration Requirement
- It appears in-person registration for mobile accounts is hurting Rhode Island sports betting handle and revenue.