iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.25.19 – The Next Pennsylvania Online Sportsbook: Unibet Launching Next Month
- Unibet’s online sportsbook and casino operations will begin next month in Pennsylvania, its Stockholm-listed parent company Kindred said.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.24.19 – DraftKings Gets First Approval To Offer Iowa DFS Contest
- Sports fans finally will be able to put together the team of their dreams from the fields of Iowa.
- Des Moines Register, 10.24.19 – First Daily Fantasy Sports Wagering License Approved For DraftKings In Iowa
- DraftKings is the first operator of daily fantasy sports contests to receive its license in the state, Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission administrator Brian Ohorilko told the Register on Thursday.
- SBC Americas, 10.25.19 – Kambi Well On Track In The US Sports Betting Sector Despite Slower Q3
- Progress in the rapidly emerging US market was writ large across the Q3 financial update issued by sportsbook specialist Kambi Group this week amid an expected slower quarter that saw gains in revenue against a dip in operating profit.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.24.19 – Hollywood Casino Says Goodbye To William Hill And Hello To Kambi
- The retail sportsbooks at Meadows Casino and Hollywood Casino are now powered by Kambi odds, says Scot McClintic, vice president and head of sportsbook at Penn National Gaming.
- SBC Americas, 10.23.19 – Becher Brings Global Experience As MD Of Sportradar’s US Betting Business
- Sports data and content provider Sportradar has turned to the hugely experienced Werner Becher to fill the role of Managing Director of its US-facing betting business.
- SBC Americas, 10.25.19 – That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Esquire, 10.24.19 – The Sports Betting Capital Of New York Is… Eastern New Jersey. Meet The Fanatics Who Make The Journey Each Weekend
- Good (?) news! The federal ban on sports betting has been lifted. But some places (New Jersey) make it easier than others (New York). What’s a sports fanatic living on the wrong side of the Hudson to do? Migrate.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.25.19 – PointsBet Outlines Mobile Plans For Iowa, Indiana Sports Betting
- PointsBet launched its unique betting style in New Jersey this year, and plans to start mobile sports betting in Indiana and Iowa by the Super Bowl.
Overall Industry News:
- US Bets, 10.25.19 – New Sports Betting Watchdog Group Has Already Circulated Alerts Among Sportsbooks
- Sportsbook operators across the U.S. launched the Sports Wagering Integrity Monitoring Association six months ago as a way for the industry itself to raise red flags over any potentially suspicious betting activity.
- Penn Bets, 10.24.19 – Joe’s, ‘Nova May Be Only PA Schools To Ban Legal Sports Bets
- If any additional Pennsylvania universities plan to go down the path of officially banning wagers on athletic contests by all students and faculty, they’re mum about it for now.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.25.19 – Missouri Casino Operators Not Interested In Sports Betting-VLT Trade-Off [subscription paywall]
- Several Missouri casino operators made clear Thursday that a potential trade-off of legalizing sports betting in exchange for allowing the Missouri Lottery to regulate video lottery terminals (VLTs) would not be an acceptable compromise.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.25.19 – Latest Missouri Sports Betting Discussion Appears To Ditch Integrity Fee
- The members of Missouri’s Special Interim Committee on Gaming seem focused on finding a model that gives sportsbooks a competitive product to keep Show-Me State residents away from offshore operators.
- Sports Handle, 10.24.19 – Missouri Hears Testimony On How To Proceed With Sports Betting Regulation
- On Thursday, the Special Interim Committee on Gaming in the Missouri House of Representatives heard testimony and discussed the sports betting, fantasy sports and video lottery terminals.
- Louis Post-Dispatch, 10.24.19 – As Missouri Lawmakers Consider Sports Gambling, Revenue Estimates Jump
- Legalizing sports betting in Missouri could be more lucrative than state analysts predicted earlier this year.
- Play WV, 10.24.19 – WVU Football Wagers Propel Handle To New Heights At West Virginia Sportsbooks
- Just when it appeared that the overall betting handle might have reached a plateau, the West Virginia sports betting market had its best week ever.
- The Boston Globe, 10.24.19 – Sports Betting In NH Will Be Available Before Super Bowl, Governor Says
- New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu called into WEEI radio last week to talk up his state’s sooner-than-expected entry into sports betting. The Granite State sports betting bill has been signed into law, so now it’s a matter of contracts and licenses being granted to operators.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.24.19 – Why The Special Session Will Skip Connecticut Sports Betting This Year
- Connecticut might hold a special session this fall, but sports betting isn’t going to be part of it.
- Online Poker Report, 10.24.19 – With Connecticut Gambling Expansion On Lockdown, The Internet Might Be The Key
- Sports betting has gotten all the attention from state legislatures this year, but Native American tribes in Connecticut have their eyes on a bigger prize.
- Daily Camera, 10.24.19 – Editorial: Legalize Sports Betting In Colorado With Proposition DD
- The momentum behind Proposition DD appears irresistible. The measure, which Colorado residents will vote on in the November election, would legalize and allow the state to tax sports betting.