iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 10.25.21: Fanduel’s Shane Sweeney: No Room For Complacency In Race To Be First To Market
- SBC Webinars, Computacenter and Amazon Web Services (AWS) have presented the second instalment of a three-part live webinar series that aims to show the igaming world the power of Cloud in three logical steps.
- SBC, 10.25.21: Newly Regulated Connecticut Drawing Sports Bettors From New York Says Geocomply
- The full launch of sports betting in Connecticut has seen sports bettors gravitating to the now regulated state from other markets, according to geolocation specialist GeoComply, most notably New York. 38% of Connecticut’s wagering activity, it said, has originated from the southwestern corner of the state.
- Play USA, 10.25.21: Circa Sports Ready For DraftKings’ Eventual ‘Seismic’ Vegas Invasion
- It stands to reason that eventually DraftKings will bring its sprawling, consumer-consuming, mass-marketed version of sports betting to Nevada.
Overall Industry News:
- USA, 10.22.21: Storm Clouds May Loom Behind Sunny Numbers For Sports Betting Handle
- A big headline this month for the U.S. sports betting industry was the $1 billion wagered in New Jersey in September, a new threshold revealed by state regulators in their revenue report this week.
- Sports Handle, 10.25.21: What’s On Tap: NY Mobile Sports Betting Deadline, World Series, And NFL Week 8
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- SBC, 10.25.21: Jan Jones Blackhurst To Discuss Gaming Industry’s Social And Environmental Challenges At SBC Summit North America
- SBC Summit North America delegates will have the chance to learn from one of the gaming industry’s leading experts on social and environmental issues when Caesars Entertainment Board Member Jan Jones Blackhurst takes part in a special keynote session at the event.
- ESPN, 10.25.21: Notable Bets: Betting Public Continues Rare NFL Hot Streak
- Suddenly, the betting public is not that bad at betting.
- Play CA, 10.22.21: California Mayors Back Online Sports Betting Initiative To Aid Homelessness, Mental Health
- A plan for California to use online sports betting revenue to fight homelessness and expand mental health services received significant bipartisan support this week.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.25.21: Analysis: Differences In Three California Sports Betting Initiatives
- Sports betting in California will be the biggest chip in US sports betting to fall if it is eventually legalized.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.22.21: Louisiana Sports Betting Gets New Start Date Target
- A new start date for more Louisiana sports betting is on the table: Nov. 1.
- IGB, 10.25.21: 1.2 Million Bets Placed In Connecticut During First Week Of Legal Wagering
- Geolocation security company GeoComply has reported a “strong start,” for Connecticut’s online sports betting and casino market, adding that the data indicates an “appetite” for regulated sports betting in New York.
- WFSB, 10.25.21: Retail Sports Betting Launching With The Connecticut Lottery
- Sports betting is now up and running in Connecticut, both online and at the local casinos. Gov. Ned Lamont scheduled an announcement about it for Monday afternoon.
- IGB, 10.25.21: New Hampshire Sports Betting Handle Reaches Record $68.1m In September
- Consumers in New Hampshire spent a record $68.1m on sports betting in September, while revenue in the state climbed 64.5% year-on-year.
- Axios, 10.25.21: Iowa Gaming Association Members Push For Statewide Online Gambling
- A possible push for legal online gambling in Iowa is underway, Iowa Gaming Association president Wes Ehrecke told Axios.