iDEA Growth Member News:
- Bloomberg, 10.2.19 – Newly Crowned Online-Gambling King Takes On U.S. With Two Brands [The Stars Group]
- The world’s biggest online-gambling company will approach the rapidly growing U.S. sports-betting market with two major brands: FanDuel and Fox Bet.
- Reuters, 10.2.19 – Paddy Power And Poker Stars Owners To Create Online Gambling Leader
- The owner of Paddy Power Betfair has agreed to buy the company behind Poker Stars in a $6 billion share deal to create the world’s largest online betting and gambling company by revenue, seeking to take advantage of the opening up of U.S. markets.
- NJ Online Gambling, 10.3.19 – Gaming Company 888 Sees Partnership With NY Jets As A Good Bet
- The Dallas Cowboys, and, more recently, the Green Bay Packers have signed partnerships with native American casinos, and the Oakland Raiders have a deal with Caesars Entertainment as they get closer to their move to Las Vegas. But the New York Jets last week extended a partnership with 888 Holdings that company executive Yaniv Sherman said is a bit different.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.2.19 – DraftKings Sportsbook Gets OK To Take Online Bets In Indiana Tomorrow
- DraftKings Sportsbook received last-minute approval Wednesday for a next-day launch of online sports betting in Indiana.
- Associated Press, 10.2.19 – DraftKings Ready For Pennsylvania Online Sports Betting
- Regulators in Pennsylvania approved a sports wagering license for a casino near Pittsburgh, providing a platform for DraftKings to finally enter the state’s online sports betting market.
- Boston Business Journal, 10.2.19 – DraftKings Expanding Boston HQ As Legal Sports Betting Spreads To Other States
- Boston-based online fantasy sports betting company DraftKings plans to expand its Back Bay headquarters by another 20,000 square feet, after moving into a 105,000-square-foot office there in March.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, 10.2.19 – DraftKings Aims To Play In Pennsylvania’s Booming Online Sports-Betting Market [DraftKings, Kambi]
- State regulators on Wednesday approved a sports-wagering license for a casino near Pittsburgh, providing a platform for DraftKings, the fantasy sports giant, to finally enter Pennsylvania’s booming online sports-betting market.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.2.19 – No Definitive PA Poker Timeline Yet, According To Latest From PGCB
- Online poker is closer to coming to Pennsylvania. Allegedly.
- Betting USA, 10.2.19 – Illinois Has A Second Chance To Fix An Imperfect Sports Betting Law
- Legal sports gambling in the Midwest is beginning to take root. The recent launches in Indiana and Iowa are proving there is a strong sports culture in the middle of the country and that Midwesterners like to put their money where their passion is.
- Chicago Sun-Times, 10.2.19 – Chicago’s Pro Teams To Illinois Gambling Board: Sports Betting Fees Should Come With Protection
- State regulators need to tighten rules to fend off “faux” competitors if Chicago’s professional sports teams are expected to fork over a whopping $10 million apiece for licenses to open sportsbooks at or near their stadiums.
- Online Poker Report, 10.2.19 – Lawsuit Over Lottery Contract Threatens To Derail DC Sports Betting Plans
- A lawsuit filed last week has the potential to delay online sports betting in Washington, D.C. indefinitely.
- Sports Handle, 10.2.19 – New Michigan Draft Bill Lets Sports Betting Stand On Its Own
- In mid-September, Michigan lawmakers decided to put sports betting on hold until the state legislature got its budget squared away.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.2.19 – How Michigan Sports Betting Could Get Done: By Cutting Out Online Casino
- A Michigan lawmaker is setting sports betting free from online casino gambling.
- M Live, 10.3.19 – Mobile Sports Betting Available In Indiana; Michigan Drags Its Feet
- Sometime today, sports bettors in Indiana will be able to make a wager from the convenience of their cell phone. Meanwhile in Michigan, the wait continues as the lawmakers work to get something approved by the governor.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.3.19 – Illegal Machines Fuel Debate On Missouri VLTs
- The chairman of a committee debating the future of gambling in Missouri has said the massive spread of alleged illegal slot machines across the state leaves lawmakers wondering whether to regulate convenience gaming devices
- Associated Press, 10.2.19 – Mobile Sports Betting Set To Start In Indiana On Thursday
- Sports betting is ready to go legally online in Indiana on Thursday, a little more than a month after the state’s casinos started taking game wagers.
- Concord Monitor, 10.2.19 – Franklin Voters Say Yes To Sports Betting, But Not Without Some Confusion
- Franklin became the first city in New Hampshire to authorize in-person sports betting Tuesday, months after the activity was first legalized.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.3.19 – A Sportsbook Will Go Inside A US Arena, As Wizards, Capitals Partner With William Hill
- A sportsbook will appear inside a professional sports venue for the first time in the United States, thanks to a new deal struck on Thursday.
- Sports Handle, 10.3.19 – William Hill Becomes An Authorized Sports Betting Operator Of The NBA
- Less than a month before the start of the NBA regular season, William Hill US announced on Wednesday that it has entered into a partnership with the NBA to become an authorized sports betting operator of the league.