iDEA Growth Member News:
- CNBC, 10.5.21: Sports Betting Bubble? Fanduel CEO On Where The Industry Is Headed At World Gaming Expo
- Amy Howe, FanDuel CEO, discusses the rise of sports betting with CNBC’s Contessa Brewer. With CNBC’s Melissa Lee and the Fast Money traders, Guy Adami, Tim Seymour, Dan Nathan and Jeff Mills.
- IGB, 10.6.21: Genius Sports Expands Sports Betting Partnership With Pointsbet
- Genius Sports has extended its partnership with online gambling operator PointsBet to include its full range of official sportsbook data, content and fan engagement solutions.
- IGB, 10.5.21: Draftkings, Fanduel Combine For 59% Of September US Betting App Downloads
- Sports betting app downloads in the US experienced a year on year increase of 183% in September, according to research conducted by Morgan Stanley, with the market dominated by a small number of major operators.
- SBC, 10.6.21: Scientific Games And White Hat Studios Agree Four-year US Content Aggregation Deal
- Scientific Games Corporation has formalized an exclusive four-year content deal with White Hat Studios, the US-facing casino content division of White Hat Gaming.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.5.21: Which New States Are Fueling US Sports Betting Growth In NFL Season?
- The NFL betting season is regularly the most active in the sports betting industry. It is also the time for sportsbooks to attract and retain customers.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.5.21: Top NBA Gambling Exec Warns On Going ‘Too Far, Too Fast’ With Sports Betting
- There is a curious dichotomy unfolding in gambling markets around the globe, leading one NBA executive to express a desire for caution.
- Play NY, 10.5.21: Tech Partnership Shows NY Restaurants Also Want In On Sports Betting
- The New York State Restaurants Association has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Elys Game Technology Corporation, the sides announced this week.
- Action Network, 10.5.21: Connecticut Sports Betting Launch for Mobile Sportsbooks Delayed
- Connecticut’s first legal online sportsbooks will not launch on the state’s targeted Oct. 7 go-live date, officials confirmed with the Action Network Tuesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.5.21: Online CT Sports Betting Will Miss Scheduled Thursday Launch
- An unexpected delay at the federal level means it will take a bit longer than expected before online CT sports betting can go live.
- Sports Handle, 10.5.21: Amended California Wagering Proposal Could Get Tribes On Board
- While no one in Indian Country has stood up in support of a proposal by commercial operators to put the question of legal statewide mobile sports betting to California voters, changes to a proposed ballot initiative filed Tuesday suggest talks are occurring between the tribes and the seven sports wagering companies backing the measure.
- IGB, 10.6.21: Louisiana Sports Betting To Begin Today With Betfred-paragon Partnership
- Sports betting operator Betfred Sports has announced a partnership with Paragon Casino Resort to bring retail sports betting to the state of Louisiana from today (6 October).
- WWNO, 10.6.21: Sports Betting In Louisiana: Here’s When You Might Be Able To Make Wagers In Person, Online
- Louisiana was posed to allow legal sports wagering in September, just in time for football, before Hurricane Ida made landfall.
- Augusta Free Press, 10.5.21: How Much Is Virginia’s Sports Betting Industry Worth?
- Virginians have been allowed to legally place sports bets since April 2020. Virginia was one of several states to embrace legal sports betting in 2020 and it seems to be reaping the benefits.
- Play TN, 10.5.21: 10% Hold Rate Reduction Biggest Wish From Sportsbook Operators In Tennessee
- Tennessee’s Sports Wagering Advisory Council (SWAC) welcomed the first public comment period regarding the state’s revised sports betting rules on Tuesday. One particular subject came up multiple times: Tennessee’s 10% minimum hold requirement.