iDEA Growth Member News:
- Gambling Compliance, 10.7.20 – DraftKings Reloads Marketing War Chest, Seeks Tribal Partnerships (subscription paywall)
- DraftKings is continuing to reload its war chest with another stock offering to raise almost $1bn after a third quarter that required a $200m marketing spend.
- iGB North America, 10.7.20 – Record Betting Figures Boost US Gaming Performance In August
- The US gambling industry saw a fourth consecutive month of sequential growth in August as the return of sport generated record betting handle.
- SBC Americas, 10.7.20 – AGA August Tracker Sees Fourth Straight Month Of US Gaming Recovery
- The American Gaming Association has recorded a positive travel of direction in its August Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker report which documents the ongoing health status of the US gaming sector.
- PlayUSA, 10.6.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Caesars Agrees To Massive Takeover Of William Hill
- The NFL has long been and will long be the center of the legalized sports betting universe. Even in a year with special scheduling (the NBA Finals in October, the Masters in November, etc.), the NFL still captures the spotlight.
- Gambling.Com, 10.6.20 – Voters In Maryland, Nebraska Can Make Up Their Own Minds On Gambling
- Among the several states where gambling is on the ballot Nov. 3, Maryland and Nebraska are two of them.
Overall Industry News:
- Yogonet, 10.7.20 – NCPG’s National Conference On Gambling Addiction And Responsible Gambling To Be Held Online
- The National Conference on Gambling Addiction and Responsible Gambling, organized by the National Council on Problem Gambling, will be held only online with dates in November and December.
- Online Poker Report, 10.6.20 – MGM Enters Into US Online Casino Content Deal With Las Vegas Slots Developer
- MGM Resorts International announced on Tuesday a deal with Las Vegas-based slots developer AGS.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.7.20 – US Supreme Court Nomination Raises Red Flag For Indian Gaming (subscription paywall)
- Almost two-and-a-half years after handling the gambling industry perhaps its most important legal victory ever, the U.S. Supreme Court is on the verge of adding a new justice whose record could be problematic for Indian gaming.
- Online Poker Report, 10.6.20 – William Hill Plunges Ahead With Casino Plans In NJ Following Caesars Deal
- William Hill quietly added a casino tab to its NJ sportsbook app last week. There was no formal announcement of the launch, news of which was broken by PlayNJ.
- Penn Bets, 10.6.20 – While Michigan Advances Interstate Online Poker Bill, PA Rounders Still Playing Waiting Game
- Online poker players in Pennsylvania would be hard pressed to find a sympathetic ear if they were to complain about their options.
- WUSA9, 10.6.20 – Sports Betting Permit Applications In VA Begin Soon, Possibly Enticing Washington Football Team To Build New Stadium
- Those places awarded permits by Virginia will reportedly only be given to major league sporting venues and casinos.
- WJLA, 10.6.20 – Sports Betting In Md.? Question 2 On Ballot Stirs Debate On What It Could Mean For State
- In Maryland, sports betting remains illegal, much to the frustration of gamblers like Reno Stevens from Prince George’s County, who told 7 On Your Side while waiting in line to place a bet, “Sometimes these lines are an hour and a half waiting and we could be doing the same thing across the bridge.”
- Sports Handle, 10.6.20 – Illinois Sports Betting Handle Surges To Nearly $140M In August
- The state of Illinois began to flex its sports betting muscles in August, with its six retail sportsbooks and three online platforms generating a combined handle of nearly $140 million according to the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.6.20 – Illinois Sports Betting August Market Leader Exactly Who You Would Expect
- The jump BetRivers enjoyed on mobile sports betting in Illinois certainly paid off in August.
- PlayIllinois, 10.6.20 – BetRivers Dominates Illinois Sports Betting August Revenue Report
- Illinois’ second set of revenue numbers are out, and it’s safe to say that sports betting is a hit in the Land of Lincoln.
- Online Poker Report, 10.6.20 – Oklahoma’s Tribal Gaming Dispute Is Reaching the Boiling Point
- An escalating legal conflict in Oklahoma has the potential to blow up into a federal battle with ramifications for the tribal gaming industry nationwide.