iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.7.19 – Last Week In Sports Betting News: Stars Group, Monumental Deals Set The Industry Aflutter
- Welcome back for another rundown of the week’s sports betting A busy week yields a thick summary.
- US Bets, 10.7.19 – Sports Betting Kiosks A Growing Favorite All Over U.S. – But Not In Vegas [Kambi]
- Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh opened its temporary sportsbook in December 2018 with six self-serve betting kiosks, a feature that had been rarely seen in the large, glitzy Las Vegas casinos patrons might have visited. For customers, there was a sharp learning curve.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.8.19 – State Officials Urged To Consider Fixed-Odds Bets On Horse Races [subscription paywall]
- Lawmakers and regulators in Illinois and Kentucky are being asked to consider allowing fixed-odds wagers on horse races, as racing interests seek to be more competitive against the expansion of legal sports betting.
- Online Poker Report, 10.7.19 – Update On Wire Act Case: First Circuit Sets Deadlines For Briefs
- The lawsuit over the Wire Act and its applicability to online gambling is far from over.
- iGaming Business, 10.8.19 – WV Sports Betting Revenue Continues To Climb in September
- West Virginia’s sports betting market experienced further growth in four weeks to September 28, as licensed operators reported combined revenue of $3.8m for the period.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.8.19 – Leagues Propose Low Bar For Official Data ‘Commercially Reasonable’ Restriction [subscription paywall]
- Use of an official data feed by any one operator in Illinois should be sufficient to determine its availability on “commercially reasonable terms,” according to proposed regulations submitted by a coalition of major sports leagues.
- Sports Handle, 10.7.19 – Montana Lottery Rolls Out Proposed Sports Betting Rules
- Late last week, the Montana Lottery rolled out its proposed sports betting regulations and opened a public-comment period.
- Gambling Insider, 10.8.19 – Colorado Residents To Vote On Sports Betting Measure
- Voters in Colorado will decide next month on whether to legalise sports betting and subject it to taxation.
- KBND, 10.7.19 – Lottery Set To Release Sports Betting App
- The Oregon State Lottery is getting ready to release a new sports betting app.