iDEA Growth Events:
- September 13 (12PM – 1PM EST): iDEA and GeoComply host Power Lunch Summit featuring a webinar titled, “The Do’s & Do Not’s of Advertising and iGaming”. Register here.
- September 14 (12PM – 1PM EST): iDEA and GeoComply host Power Lunch Summit featuring a webinar titled, “Diversity & iGaming: Strategies for Moving the Needle.” Register here.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 9.10.21: Pointsbet Names Fallon As Product Director In Latest Senior Canadian Hire
- Online gambling operator PointsBet has appointed Dale Fallon as senior director of product for its Canadian business.
- SBC, 9.10.21: Fanduel Launches Its Sportsbook In Arizona In Partnership With Phoenix Suns
- FanDuel has launched its mobile sportsbook and its online horse racing and advanced deposit wagering platform, TVG, in Arizona, as well as its retail FanDuel Sportsbook lounge located inside the Footprint Center – home of the NBA’s Phoenix Suns.
- Sports Handle, 9.9.21: Seven Operators Have Gone Live In Arizona (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned)
- One minute after midnight, event wagering went live Thursday in Arizona. DraftKings, FanDuel, and WynnBet — the only operator partnered with a tribe to go live — launched digital platforms, officially making Arizona the biggest state in the West to offer statewide mobile wagering in the post-PASPA era.
- Sports Handle, 9.9.21: Todd Fuhrman’s ‘Bet The Board’ Podcast Making Jump To Video With FanDuel
- The guys behind the Bet the Board sports betting podcast — host Todd Fuhrman and sports bettor and analyst Payne Insider — are expanding their brand into a video show with FanDuel Sportsbook as the sponsor.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 9.10.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Play USA, 9.9.21: Football Will Draw More Than $20 Billion In Bets; $1.5 Billion In Revenue In 2021
- Bettors could pour more than $20 billion in wagers on NFL and college football games into legal U.S. sportsbooks during the 2021 season, resulting in as much as $1.5 billion in revenue for those sportsbooks, according to projections by PlayUSA.
Sports League News:
- Play VA, 9.9.21: Is Sports Betting Now Part Of Daily NASCAR Life, And Do Drivers Notice?
- With the spread of legal sports betting throughout the US, NASCAR betting has also seen an uptick. Brown and drivers from NASCAR’s other top series (Cup and Truck) have seen and experienced it firsthand.
- ESPN, 9.9.21: Big Changes Coming To The Nfl’s Sports Betting Landscape This Season
- Sports betting will be infused into the NFL experience more than ever this season.
- Sports Handle, 9.9.21: A Brave New World: Networks Face Delicate Balance In Integrating Sports Betting As NFL Opens Doors To Gambling In Broadcasts
- After decades of opposition to the legalization of sports betting, the league has gradually changed its stance on gambling since the historic PASPA ruling, despite becoming the last of the major North American pro sports leagues to develop a comprehensive policy on sports wagering.
- Play IN, 9.10.21: Preseason Football Helps Take Indiana’s 2021 Betting Handle Past $2 Billion Mark
- The Hoosier State racked up $215 million worth of wagers last month. That was a nice step in the right direction following July’s $194 million handle.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.9.21: South Dakota Sports Betting Cleared For Thursday Launch
- At a South Dakota Commission on Gaming meeting Wednesday, three sports wagering providers received licenses for sports betting in SD.
- Online Poker Report, 9.9.21: Connecticut Online Casino & Sports Betting Could See October Launch After Federal Approval
- Connecticut is almost ready to play ball via online gambling and sports betting platforms, now that it’s received the necessary federal approval for its amended tribal compacts.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.9.21: DC Sports Betting Audit Calls For Major Changes, Lottery Shrugs
- Surprise: Washington DC sports betting could benefit from better lines and more competition.
- IGB, 9.10.21: Ontario Releases Final Sports And Events Betting Gaming Standards
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has released its final igaming sports and event betting regulatory standards, which include changes to advertising standards and integrity rules.