iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play Tenn, 9.16.21: FanDuel Wins The Duel: Tennessee Had A New Favorite Sportsbook In July
- July is traditionally a slow stretch in the world of sports betting, and this year was no different. July saw the smallest amount of wagering activity since Tennessee sports betting launched in November 2020.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 9.17.21: SBC Webinars: The Convergence Of Emerging Sports, Media And In-game Betting
- As the betting industry continues to evolve in North America, operators and broadcasters aware of the financial boom that wagering can bring, are starting to look beyond the major sports and leagues for new opportunities.
- SBC, 9.17.21: New Jersey Sportsbooks And Online Casinos On Track To Achieve $1bn Records After Impressive August
- In August, New Jersey’s sportsbooks experienced great growth ahead of the NFL season, while the state’s online casinos posted near-record volumes according to PlayNJ, which tracks the state’s regulated online gaming and sports betting market.
- SBC, 9.17.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Play VA, 9.16.21: Interest Expectedly Wanes In Washington, DC With August 2021 Sports Betting
- As with most jurisdictions in the US, Washington, DC sportsbooks struggled with August 2021 sports betting revenue.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.16.21: Will New Filing In Florida Sports Betting Case Create Roadblock For Launch?
- The legal escapades attempting to stop the possible fall launch of Florida sports betting moved forward with new filings on Tuesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.16.21: Sports Betting Launch In Louisiana Could Come ‘Very Soon’
- Legal sports betting in Louisiana missed the start of football season but it might not be that far behind according to recent comments.
- Sports Handle, 9.17.21: As Applications Roll In, Louisiana Launch Delayed Due To Hurricane Ida
- Eight operators have applied for sports betting licenses in Louisiana, State Police Major Chuck McNeal announced during Thursday’s Louisiana Gaming Control Board meeting, but there is no hard launch date on the calendar after Hurricane Ida forced a pause in vetting the applications.
- IGB, 9.16.21: Michigan Achieves Record Igaming Revenue But Online Sports Betting Dips
- Michigan has produced internet gaming revenue figures of $97.2m for August – a 5.3% increase on the previous month and a record total since igaming was available in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.16.21: Michigan Sports Betting Handle Up Ahead Of First Full Online NFL Season
- Michigan sports betting handle improved slightly in August compared to July as sportsbooks rode out the quieter summer months.
- IGB, 9.17.21: Mississippi Betting Revenue Down 50% Year-on-year In August
- Sports betting revenue in Mississippi dropped sharply year-on-year in August, dropping 49.7% to $1.9m as Hurricane Ida forced patrons to stay home and casinos to close towards the end of the month.
- IGB, 9.16.21: North Carolina Sports Betting Bill Re-referred To Committee On Commerce
- A bill than aims to authorize and regulate sports wagering in North Carolina has been re-referred to the Committee on Commerce.
- NBC CT, 9.16.21: State Sets Date for Sports Betting
- Sports betting is set to begin in Connecticut on Oct. 7, state officials confirmed Thursday.
- Sports Handle, 9.17.21: Ontario Tackles Key Issues On Ads, Integrity In Final Sports Betting Regulations
- As expected, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) issued final regulatory standards for internet-based sports and event betting on Sept. 9, setting the stage for its commercial rollout in Canada’s largest province in the coming months.