Industry News of the Day for September 21, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Bloomberg, 9.21.21: FanDuel Parlays Fantasy Sports Into a $1.9 Billion Betting Boom
- The company has converted a rabid fantasy fan base into a lucrative clientele for its U.S. sports-betting business.
- IGB, 9.21.21: GNOG Adds Genius Sports Data Services
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) has become the latest North American operator to partner with Genius Sports and gain access to its suite of data services.
- IGB, 9.21.21: Pointsbet Selects Gamble As Vice President Of Creative
- Online gaming operator PointsBet has announced the appointment of Jeff Gamble as the company’s new vice president of creative.
- SBC, 9.21.21: Entain Responds To Rumored $20bn Takeover Bid By Draftkings
- UK-based global sports betting firm Entain has issued a response to speculation that broke earlier today regarding a takeover offer allegedly made by US DFS and sports betting operator DraftKings.
- SBC, 9.21.21: Michael Jordan Takes On More Formal Role At Sportradar As Special Advisor To The Board
- Sports betting and sports entertainment products and services provider Sportradar has confirmed that Michael Jordan, NBA legend and early investor in the firm, will serve as a special advisor to its board of directors.
- Penn Bets, 9.20.21: Surge In August Handle Boosts FanDuel, DraftKings Even More Ahead Of PA Peers
- FanDuel and DraftKings have long dominated Pennsylvania’s online sports betting market, as they have in many states, and that was never clearer than in the August sports handle figures reported Monday by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 9.20.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: CT Launching Retail, Online Soon
- Happy Monday, everyone. Sports betting news is in the mainstream with the NFL back in full swing and multiple states preparing for launches.
- IGB, 9.20.21: AGA Survey Shows Americans Are Increasingly Favorable Towards Gambling
- New research shows that almost three-quarters of Americans back legalized sports betting in their state.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 9.20.21: Extreme Networks’ Deal With The NFL Has Implications For In-Game Betting
- Extreme Networks announced Monday that it reached a deal with the NFL to remain as the official Wi-Fi network solutions provider and official Wi-Fi analytics provider of the league through 2024.
- SBC, 9.21.21: Pennsylvania Sportsbooks Report Increase In Betting Volume As Football Returns
- Pennsylvania sportsbooks posted their first month-on-month increase in betting volume since March with nearly $350m in wagers in August, helped significantly by the return of football.
- Play CA, 9.20.21: Survey Says California Voters Strongly Support Online Sports Betting Measure
- A recent survey shows strong support for the California mobile sports betting initiative backed by some of the biggest sportsbook operators.
- KELO, 9.20.21: Sports Betting Brings More People To Deadwood
- It’s been two weeks since sports betting became legal in South Dakota — and it’s already bringing more people to Deadwood.
- Maryland Matters, 9.21.21: Sports Betting Approval Process Offers Head Start to Established Applicants
- Maryland’s new sports gambling law allows state regulators to issue temporary licenses to companies that have undergone background checks here or in other states.