iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 9.22.20 – NetEnt Grows Pennsylvania Market Share With Wind Creek Deal
- NetEnt has continued its expansion across the regulated markets after securing a new distribution deal with Wind Creek Hospitality’s expanded online offering.
- Penn Bets, 9.21.20 – PA Betting Picture For NFL Action Has Improved With Barstool’s Arrival
- All Kambi-backed sportsbooks are not created equal, and that’s good news for Pennsylvania sports bettors — at least when it comes to NFL wagers.
- SBC Americas, 9.22.20 – FanDuel Selected As A Partner For The Payne’s Valley Cup
- FanDuel has been named as the exclusive sports betting and fantasy partner for the Payne’s Valley Cup, a team charity golf match which will raise funds to support The Payne Stewart Family Foundation.
- SBC Americas, 9.22.20 – Vigtory Links With Sportradar Ahead Of Sportsbook Launch
- Sportradar, the global provider of sports betting and sports entertainment products and services, has entered into a new partnership with Vigtory ahead of the sportsbook’s launch in the US.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.21.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Illinois Stays Remote – For Now
- The second week of the NFL was just like the first as news of big bets across the country showed sports betting is back in earnest.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 9.21.20 – G2E Offers Free Kickoff And Preview For Unprecedented Virtual Gaming Expo
- Faced with the COVID-19 pandemic, major annual events involving large crowds have had to choose between skipping a year or moving online. The Global Gaming Exposition (G2E) has chosen the latter.
Sports League News:
- The New York Times, 9.21.20 – The NFL, After Shunning Las Vegas, Doubles Down With Raiders
- Monday night, the Las Vegas Raiders play their first game in a new $2 billion stadium, the physical manifestation of a long, slow embrace between the N.F.L. and legal sports wagering.
- NJ Online Gambling, 9.21.20 – New Jersey Online Poker Cools Off In August Without WSOP, Still Up 77% Year-Over-Year
- New Jersey online poker sites are still riding the boost they received from this spring when the COVID-19 pandemic shuttered casinos in the state.
- Gambling.Com, 9.21.20 – New York Hopes To Move Forward With Online Sports Betting
- As neighboring states New Jersey and Pennsylvania bask in the glow of their impressive August sports betting numbers, New York is figuring out how it can even start to get to that point.
- PlayWV, 9.21.20 – West Virginia’s Responsible Gambling Program Celebrates Its 20th Year
- Legal gambling in the Mountain State has come a long way. This September marks the 20th year in which the Problem Gamblers Help Network of West Virginia has been assisting the state’s residents.
- PlayMichigan, 9.21.20 – Open The Books: Detroit Sports Franchises Eye Big Bank From Betting
- When you look at the ownership of Detroit’s four major sports franchises, it’s easy to see how the budding Michigan sports betting industry intersects with the billion-dollar business of Detroit sports.
- US Bets, 9.21.20 – Ohio Sports Betting Legalization In 2020 Looks Promising – Is The State Ready?
- Despite a pandemic and a massive corruption scandal in the Ohio House unrelated to gambling, the state looks poised to get sports betting done in 2020.
- PlayIA, 9.21.20 – High Court: Voters Can Decide Whether To Allow Casino Gambling In Nebraska
- Barring anything unforeseen happening, Nebraska voters will have their say on state gambling expansion again in November.
- Argus Leader, 9.21.20 – Deadwood Wants Sports Betting, But It’s No Sure Bet (subscription paywall)
- Voters will decide Amendment B in the November election.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.22.20 – Louisiana Sports Betting Gets Operator-Backed Campaign For School Funding
- A second campaign pushing sports betting as a way to fund education and more launched recently, this time in Louisiana.
- SBC Americas, 9.22.20 – Carousel Group Goes Live In Colorado With SportsBetting.Com
- Carousel Group has announced that its online sportsbook, SportsBetting.com, has gone live in Colorado following on from the states decision to make sports betting legal in May this year.
- The Denver Channel, 9.21.20 – Sports Betting Finally Hits Its Stride In Colorado As Major Sports Return From COVID Slumber
- As the Nuggets enjoy post season success and the Broncos kick off their season, the newly legalized world of sports betting is giving Colorado fans a little more skin in the game.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.22.20 – New Mexico Casinos Lobbying For Sports Betting, Online Gambling (subscription paywall)
- Casinos operated by New Mexico’s five racetracks would be allowed to expand their operations to include online gaming, table games and sports betting, according to draft legislation scheduled to be reviewed next month by a legislative committee.
- Alaska Public Media, 9.21.20 – Online Raffles Are Temporarily Approved In Alaska, As Non-Profits Adjust To Pandemic Precautions
- For the first time in Alaska, the state is allowing the online sale of raffle tickets. The temporary change is aimed at helping non-profit organizations, who feared COVID-19 restrictions would limit their ability to fundraise.