iDEA Growth, in partnership with GeoComply, presents the 2022 Power Lunch Summit
The 3-part online gaming and sports betting webinar series will take place September 20, 21 and 22.
iDEA Growth Member News
- Legal Sports Report, 9.7.22 – Bet365 Finally Live In Second State With Colorado Sports Betting Launch
- A partnership more than two years in the making is live as bet365 launched Tuesday in Colorado.
- Kentucky Today, 9.7.22 – Front Office Sports and PointsBet Launch Premium Betting Newsletter for the Modern, Sophisticated Bettor
- Front Office Sports, a leading multiplatform media brand built for the modern sports consumer, together with PointsBet, the fastest growing online sportsbook in the U.S., are teaming up to deliver a groundbreaking partnership that brings together the unique strengths of both properties. The newsletter, created by Front Office Sports’ in-house content studio, will launch three times a week (Sunday, Monday, and Thursday) starting on Thursday September 8th. The plan will be to expand the newsletter’s frequency to five times weekly in the fall. Liam Roecklein, Senior Vice President of Content for PointsBet, is quoted in this story.
- Yahoo, 9.7.22 – Paysafe Strengthens Iowa iGaming Market Presence with ClutchBet Deal
- Paysafe (NYSE: PSFE), a leading specialized payments platform, today announced a partnership with ClutchBet, the new Denver-headquartered U.S. mobile sportsbook from Australia’s BlueBet Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BBT). The first stage of a multi-state partnership sees Paysafe’s revamped Skrill USA digital wallet and its Paysafecash eCash solution facilitate online payments for ClutchBet’s Iowa sportsbook and its players. Zak Cutler, President of Global Gaming at Paysafe, is quoted in this story.
- iGB, 9.7.22 – Bet365 goes live in Colorado with Century Casinos
- Online gambling operator Bet365 has launched internet sports betting in the US state of Colorado through a partnership with Century Casinos. Under the 10-year arrangement, Bet365 will offer online and mobile sports wagering to players in Colorado via one of Century’s master licenses.
- SBC Americas, 9.6.22 – White Hat enters Kansas market via PAM and Travelling Wallet
- White Hat Gaming has entered the newly regulated sports betting market in Kansas, delivering its Travelling Wallet solution on the first day of the market’s launch. Daniel Lecher, VP of Sales and Marketing at White Hat Gaming, is quoted in this story.
- Bonus.com, 9.6.22 – Light and Wonder Continues Gaming Push, Replaces CEO, Sees Stock Drop 13%
- Light and Wonder (LNW) wants to continue to awe and inspire the retail and online casino industry. To that end, the gambling products and services company formerly known as Scientific Games (SG) is pushing forward with its efforts to streamline LNW into a gaming-centric business. Jaime Odell, Light and Wonder Executive Chairman, and Connie James, Light and Wonder CFO, are quoted in this story. Light and Wonder interim CEO Matt Wilson is also mentioned in this story.
- California Casinos, 9.6.22 – Report: FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM Would Own 70% of Early CA Sports Betting Market
- If Prop 27 passes in California this November, expect DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM to dominate the California online sports betting market. At least in the early stages.
- Play CA, 9.6.22 – Temecula City Council Backs Sports Betting Prop 26, Opposes Prop 27
- In a move seen as an act of solidarity with the local tribal community, the Temecula City Council voted 4-1 to support Proposition 26 and oppose Proposition 27.
- Gaming Today, 9.6.22 – Missouri Border a Sports Betting Hot Spot As Kansas Launches Online Wagering
- Kansas City is filled with people eager to make online sports bets. Only the ones on the west side of town have been able to do so legally, as Kansas officially launched its regulated sports betting market on Sept. 1. According to data provided by GeoComply, the geolocation company that helps online sportsbooks limit online wagering to legal jurisdictions, nearly 80,000 unsuccessful attempts had been made by more than 12,000 unique sportsbook accounts to access the Kansas market from Missouri through this weekend.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.7.22 – Glacial Online Maryland Sports Betting Application Process Open At Last
- Following months of delays and discontent, the application process for competitive Maryland sports betting licenses is open. Operators looking to secure one of the 60 online MD sports betting licenses or 30 retail licenses can submit their applications, according to a release Tuesday from the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency.
- Sports Handle, 9.6.22 – Maryland Wagering Commission Opens Mobile Application Period
- The Maryland Sports Wagering Application Review Commission officially opened mobile sports betting applications Tuesday. The news came a few days after Maryland’s Joint Committee on Administrative, Legislative, and Executive Review approved the SWARC’s emergency sports betting regulations. The SWARC had been waiting — not that patiently — on the legislative committee to approve the emergency regulations. Until the committee gave approval, the SWARC was unable to officially open mobile wagering applications.
- Gaming Today, 9.6.22 – Maryland Mobile Sports Betting Application Window Opens Today
- Mobile sportsbooks can finally begin applying for sports betting licenses in Maryland. The announcement came this morning from the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency, or MLG, which will work with regulators on the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) to vet up to 60 potential mobile sports betting licensees. Up to 30 competitive retail sports betting licensees will be vetted through a separate application process, also starting today.
- Play Virginia, 9.6.22 – New Tax Could Mean Fewer VA Sports Betting Promos
- Sports betting is off to a strong start in Virginia. But, consumers may want to watch the ongoing impact of a Virginia tax hurdle. It emerged for the first time in July sports betting numbers.
- SBC Americas, 9.6.22 – Wagering up 64% YoY in July as Virginia sports betting results revealed
- The Virginia Lottery has shared the Virginia sports betting results for the month of July 2022, with sportsbooks in the state witnessing a 64% increase in wagering.