Sweepstakes Official Rules
“THE CASH IN FOR ONLINE GAMING SWEEPSTAKES”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, GUAM AND PUERTO RICO MEETING THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA SET FORTH IN THESE RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET TO ENTER.
By participating in the THE CASH IN FOR ONLINE GAMING SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”), you agree to be bound by these Sweepstakes Official Rules. Please read these Sweepstakes Official Rules before entering the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Sweepstakes Official Rules may (in the sole discretion of Sponsor, defined below) result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. You must meet the eligibility requirements and follow the rules regarding participation as set forth here. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at any time in its sole discretion.
- SPONSOR: iDevelopment and Economic Association (“iDEA”) ("Sponsor"), 1717 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20006.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is offered only to legal United States residents in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico who are at least 21 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees, officers and directors of iDEA, or its advertising agencies, and employees of any state government, and their immediate family or household members are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Individuals may be required to provide a valid identification and may be required to provide a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number to obtain a prize. All federal, state, and local taxes are the responsibility of each winner.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: One (1) winner each week will be chosen in the Sweepstakes which will begin at 10:00 a.m. (Washington, D.C. time) on Wednesday, August 15, 2018, and end at 11:59 p.m. (Washington, D.C. time) on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, log in to your own account on social media site Twitter.com. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can create one for free.
On Wednesday, August 15, 2018, iDevelopment and Economic Association will post on its Twitter handle https://twitter.com/iDEA_Growth:
"Do you support #OnlineGaming? If so, RT the reasons below or add your own reason to enter "The Cash in for Online Gaming" #Sweepstakes."
There will be four Tweets posted as replies to the above Tweet.
Tweet 1: #OnlineGaming boosts state tax revenues. #Sweepstakes
Tweet 2: #OnlineGaming leads to new jobs. #Sweepstakes
Tweet 3: I enjoy playing casino games and would love to do it on my phone. #OnlineGaming #Sweepstakes
Tweet 4: I love sports and want to safely place bets on my mobile device. #OnlineGaming #Sweepstakes
All entrants need to follow iDEA Growth’s Twitter handle - https://twitter.com/iDEA_Growth to be eligible to win.
An Eligible Entrant may retweet each of the above Tweets in this Sweepstakes, for up to four (4) retweets for a total four (4) entries (“Entries”). Additionally, an Eligible Entrant may submit one (1) entry of their own original Tweet via Twitter into the Sweepstakes during each week (Sweepstakes runs for two weeks) of the Sweepstakes Period as additional entries. Thus, throughout the Sweepstakes Period, entrants can have a total of five (5) Entries, four retweets and one (1) original Tweet. Tweets must include the hashtags #OnlineGaming and #Sweepstakes
All applicable rules and guidelines of Twitter apply. On Twitter, you must limit your comments to up to 280 characters maximum.
Any effort by a participant or any third party to misrepresent themselves through the use of aliases or multiple social media accounts or Posts (as defined below) or misrepresent their eligibility, qualifications or any other information, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will disqualify that participant. Any participant or third party found to use multiple Twitter social media accounts to enter or participate will be ineligible. Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final. In the event any party challenges a term or provision of these Sweepstakes Official Rules, the party hereby expressly waives any and all opportunities to recover any amount, or collect any prize from Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes or otherwise.
Entries must follow the “Social Media Rules” specified below. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason are void and will not be accepted. Entries that do not follow these Sweepstakes Official Rules will be not be accepted or will be disqualified.
- SOCIAL MEDIA RULES: The following Social Media Rules apply to the Sweepstakes. Failure to follow the Social Media Rules will result in disqualification. Sponsor’s determination of disqualifying content will be in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
- Your Post must be submitted as described in these Sweepstakes Official Rules.
- Posts may not contain material that is unlawful, violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, tortious, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, discriminatory, racially, or morally offensive or defamatory, or which promotes hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Posts also may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- You should obtain permission to “tag” any person in your Post.
- The content of your Post should be original.
- The content of your Post must not contain images or artwork not created by you.
- The content of your Post cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- You should not put yourself, or any other person in harm or any property at risk of damage, and your Post should not depict any acts of bodily or emotional harm or property damage.
- You may not use any material that is copyrighted or trademarked unless you have written permission of the copyright or trademark holder.
- Posts must not contain any individual’s address, phone number, e-mail, social security number, or other federal or state identification number.
- Posts may not include commercial or promotional material about private companies, businesses, services, or products.
- Posts may not disparage any person or company, including but not limited to, any iDEA member.
- Posts should follow any limits or rules of Twitter.
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"), AND ODDS OF WINNING: A total of two (2) prize winners will be selected, randomly, one (1) winner each week. Each prize winner will receive one (1) $500 Visa gift card. One (1) prize per person in the Sweepstakes; in other words, if you have won a prize, you may not win a second prize. Sponsor will randomly select another winner in the event of a repeat winner. Any gift card terms and conditions apply.
The odds of winning a prize in the Sweepstakes will depend on the number of Entries submitted in the Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE INFORMATION: Sponsor will determine all details of prizes in its sole discretion. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. All decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsor deem necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances.
- WINNER SELECTION: Each week during the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) winner from all eligible Entries meeting the requirements of these Sweepstakes Official Rules. If your Entry is chosen, you will be deemed the potential winner of a prize, pending confirmation and/or verification of your eligibility and compliance with these Sweepstakes Official Rules.
- AWARD OF A PRIZE: If you are selected as a potential winner of a prize, you will be notified via Twitter and announced on the iDEA Growth Twitter handle https://twitter.com/iDEA_Growth. To claim a prize, you must reply to Sponsor within the time period indicated in your notification or Sponsor may select an alternative potential winner. Before awarding a prize, Sponsor may require you to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Sweepstakes Official Rules and to execute and return any required documentation, including but not limited to, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Publicity Release, and a tax acknowledgment form. You must execute and return all documents completed in their entirety within ten (10) business days from the date any such documents are sent to you or you may forfeit a prize (in Sponsor's sole discretion). If you are found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Sweepstakes Official Rules, decline to accept a prize, Sponsor is unable to contact you, or in the event that a prize notification is returned undeliverable, you will forfeit a prize, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential winner from the pool of all Eligible Entrants. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of the unavailability of a prize or any portion of it, force majeure, or otherwise in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any expenses not stated relating to acceptance and uses of a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, IF ANY, ARE YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, owners, affiliates, agents, contractors, and partners, and Sponsors members and their agents, contractors and partners (Sponsor’s officers, directors, employees, owners, affiliates, agents, contractor, and partners, and Sponsor’s members and their agents, contractors and partners hereinafter collectively, “Released Parties") are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable Entries or Posts or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, typographical, or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information or of any Entries. Sponsor and the Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, or technical error. If, for technical reasons, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, stop, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and the Released Parties are expressly not liable for any physical harm that may befall any person a result of participation in this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the redemption a prize and participation or inability to participate in any activities associated with a prize.
- ENTRIES BECOME PROPERTY OF SPONSOR: All Entries become the property of Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, Eligible Entrants grant Sponsor and its members the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Entries and to incorporate the Entries in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide in perpetuity. Eligible Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor and its members and that the Sponsor's and/or its members’ reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Entries will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. Neither Sponsor its members are under any obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit any Entry submitted in the Sweepstakes, but by entering the Sweepstakes you consent to Sponsor and/or its members displaying your Entry on social media and in other media. Entries constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Eligible Entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, except as required by applicable law.
- BINDING NATURE, WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, you, and on behalf of your heirs, executors, and administrators, agree: (a) to be bound by these Sweepstakes Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final; (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Sweepstakes Official Rules; (c) to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Sponsor or any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, any Entry, any Post or a prize and (d) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys' fees) that may arise in connection with: (i) the Sweepstakes, a prize, the Entries, the Posts, or any other activities engaged in in connection with the Sweepstakes, the Entries, the Posts, or a prize, including but not limited to your participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes or any other activity, (ii) typographical or printing errors in these Sweepstakes Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes materials, including but not limited to any advertising or promotional materials (iii) any change in any prize (or any components thereof), including but not limited to, due to unavailability, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor's control, (iv) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes, (v) human error, (vi) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any Entry or Post, (vii) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of Twitter, or of any website, mobile application, telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or email or mail service utilized by Sponsor, any of the Released Parties or by you, (viii) interruption or inability to access Twitter or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (ix) any lost/delayed data or video transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (x) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Entries or Posts, (xi) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sponsor or the Released Parties or of any other third party, (xii) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizes (or any element thereof), or (xiii) the negligence or willful misconduct by you or of any third party.
- DISCLAIMERS, DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT MAY REQUIRE YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH SPONSOR AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM SPONSOR: Each participant hereby forever discharges, releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and the Released Parties, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Sweepstakes or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, product or services, sponsorship or marketing benefits provided under the Sweepstakes. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to the District of Columbia’s conflict of law principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall (1) take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in the District of Columbia, and each participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts; or (2) in the sole discretion of Sponsor, exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or JAMS and held at the AAA or JAMS regional office nearest the participant. If Sponsor elects arbitration pursuant to this paragraph, the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration and judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. All participants agree to abide by the terms of these terms and conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these terms and conditions. In the event any party challenges a term or provision of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, the party hereby expressly waives any and all opportunities to recover any amount from Sponsor and the Released Parties relating to this Sweepstakes or otherwise. Each participant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the District of Columbia. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF PARTICIPANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINES OR PROFITS) ARISNG OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PERSON OR ENTITY’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE AWARD OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE A PRIZE, OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY ASPECT OF A PRIZE,WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Sponsor and the Released Parties disclaim any liability from and in connection with the Sweepstakes, a prize, or any component thereof.
- SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT: If there is a dispute about the identity of a participant, only the Entry of the authorized Twitter account holder at the time of submission will be accepted. Authorized Twitter account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter which is used in this Sweepstakes. Each participant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the participant is the authorized account holder of the Twitter associated with a winning Entry. All Entries must be submitted from a valid Twitter account.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By accepting a prize, you agree to allow Sponsor and Sponsor's designee, including iDEA members, the perpetual right to use your name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, world-wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law; if requested by Sponsor, you shall provide any requested consents.
- CONTACTS: You consent to Sponsor, and/or Sponsor’s members contacting you via social media concerning the Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a winner of a prize.
- GENERAL: In the event of any conflict with any details contained in these Sweepstakes Official Rules and details contained in any other advertising or promotion of this Sweepstakes, the details set forth in these Sweepstakes Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of theSweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Sweepstakes Official Rules. In such event, Sponsor may terminate an individual's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- SEVERABILITY: You agree that these Sweepstakes Official Rules are severable. If any term or provision is declared invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that term or provision will not affect the remainder of these Sweepstakes Official Rules. These Sweepstakes Official Rules will be deemed amended to the extent necessary to make these Sweepstakes Official Rules enforceable, valid and, to the maximum extent possible, consistent with applicable law and consistent with the original intention of the parties; and the remaining terms and provisions will remain in full force and effect. If any provision of these Sweepstakes Official Rules is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, Sponsor will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, the original objectives and intent of Sponsor as reflected in the original provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Sweepstakes Official Rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Sweepstakes Official Rules, which will remain in full force and effect.
- WINNERS’ LIST: Winners will be announced at: https://twitter.com/iDEA_Growth. At Sponsor’s discretion, winners may also be announced on other social media platforms and https://ideagrowth.org/. You may also obtain the winners’ names by writing your name and address on a "3x5" card and mailing it in an envelope to: Winners’ List, “iDEA Sweepstakes” 1717 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 650, Washington, D.C. 20006. Winners’ List requests will only be accepted after the winners are announced and requests must be received no later than thirty (30) days after such date.
© 2018 iDevelopment and Economic Association (“iDEA”). All Rights Reserved. These Sweepstakes Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Sponsor.